Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    durky            05-10-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
we need help deciding witch we should get to make the wake Alot Bigger on our master craft prostar 205 1998
we need any imput witch u like anything is apreciated. Send to durkins@ctkomaha.org PLEZZZZZZ
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have a 92 Prostar 205 direct drive.

We use a fat seat in place of the rear seat (about 1200 lbs) and another fat sac in the ski locker (about 350 lbs) and it throws a good wake.

SFH
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Taps doesn’t make the wake bigger, it changes the shape of the wake from rampy to more vert. So if I were you I wouldn’t waste my time and money on something that doesn’t help that much. Just put 2000#+ and you will be set
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
Your hull wont work with TAPS, get some fat sacks.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-11-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
yea, taps is just a trim tab, it can't do anything but make the wake smaller, so it has no "interchangability" with fat sacs
Old    bigd            05-11-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
TAPS is Tige only.
Old    oldschool            05-11-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
TAPS is just a large trim tab. You can put a trim tab on your boat, but it's not going to change anything. The wake is the largest with the tab all the way up, basically no tab at all. You put it down to plane the boat of easier.

Supra has the same thing, but they call it a wake plate.
Old    tommyadrian5            05-11-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
its not necessarily tige only, but the tige hull is designed differently than other hulls, requiring a trim tab (taps) to avoid porpoising at high speeds, you can put a trim tab(s) on any boat, but no matter what the boat it will never make the wake any bigger
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
yea, you can change the shape of your wake just by distributing the weight in the boat differently. i used to put 700lbs in the bow and have all the passengers in the back and my wake was very round...now i have 400lbs in the front and 400 in the back plus 6 passengers in the back and the wake is much bigger.