Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-20-2017, 10:24 PM Reply   
Hi Gang.
I haven't been on here in a bit, so forgive me if this already has been discussed. So a popup ad with catchy new Slingshot graphics led me to Buywake, which happened to lead me to the product vid for Ronix fun board. Not intending to bag on Ronix, as I love their push for innovation and also the playful spirit that always has defined the company. Also love my El Von Videl and my Parks bindings and Radar slalom and all that...
But...
I am just not immediately understanding why going back to the same crappy shapes we had in 1994 should be considered innovative or desirable. What am I missing? The product vid strikes me as 100% marketing hype. The video is fun with Danny and Parks acting like goofballs, but there is nothing at all that couldn't be done on any other wakeboard. Has boat wake boarding finally jumped the shark? Are we that desperate to try and regain market share from the wake surfers that we've lost common sense? Or perhaps more accurately, is Ronix banking on the idea that their customer base has more money than sense? Somebody help me out. Flame on if you feel I've got it coming.