Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
It's long story , but I sold boat and was taking it to the new owner. I had to call the poor guy and tell him that his boat was trash. What sucks is that his finance company paid mine, my lawyer said it's his boat even though he didn't take possesion of it. It took him 3 months to get insurance stuff worked out but in long run he scored and bought it back for $400.00 , he actually fixed trailer and boat repairs are estimated at $5,000.00, so instead of the $17,500 which was originall sale price, he's got only 6K in boat. The Semi was going 30 MPH when he hit us.......The boat pay-off was 18.5K and my truck cost 11.5K ...........Plus we have case pending. Everytime I see the carrier company that hit us........I thank them for the new Malibu VLX

Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
Forgot downloads.
Semi 1
Semi 2
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
sounds like a pretty good deal, how did you get him to hit you?
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Pics
Semi 3
Semi 4
Semi 5
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-22-2004, 11:14 PM Reply   
The important thing is that you've got got wake? stickers on both sides of your trailer! :-) I hope everyone walked away from that!
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-23-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
damn that sucks but atleast you got a new boat for less out of it
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Dang Dave, you're observant.

The look on your face JT says it all, but all's well that ends well I guess.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-23-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
so he fixed that trailer? looks like it buckeled to hell and cant believe anyone would trust that after being slammed by a semi???Good thing you all were in a f250
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-23-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
wow.... that just sucks.. glad everything worked out
Old    yea_yea            02-23-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
It worked out for me to get hit by a semi as well. I was driving my 78 mercury grand marquis that I had just purchased for 500 when I was rear ended on the freeway in traffic. Ended up getting about 2000 for my car and trashed snowboards. I think the adjuster was just too lazy to go look at the car.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
how many boards got messed up? might have been worth more than 2k
Old    yea_yea            02-25-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
Only one brand new board. All of my old gear that was also in the trunk survived without a scratch.
Old    blackhawk            02-28-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
SO what happened with the buyer?
Old     (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
if you dont mind telling what carrier hit you??? i deal with truck carriers everyday...
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'll give everyone some advise, atleast how California works. I sold the Moomba to this guy up northern Califorinia. I spoke to him bunch of times , sent tons of photos and he bought it sight unseen. Part of the deal was that we would meet in bakersfield to save him some driving. After almost two weeks of buyer getting his financing together it was done. His finance company didn't want to cut him a cashier's check but rather pay off the loan which was the sell price. So his finance company sent check to my company, they faxed me copy of check, I called the buyer and told him I had check. He had insurance on boat, ( couldn't get financed without it ). We'll on that Friday I was on my way , ( after spending 4 hrs detailing boat ). I live in S.D. and was up by Doger stadium on I-5.....I was going about 35 MPH and traffic backed up........quick. Soon as I stopped we got slammed.......I was on middle of I-5 with boat in back of my truck. The pictures don't do justice, it was actually about 2 ft from back window. So I was standing on FRW and told the buyer to turn around and go home ( he was 5 hrs into his drive and had to go back home with no boat. ) My lawdog called him week later after researching what had taken place. Legally it was his boat even though he had not taken possesion. It took 3 month for his loan to be paid off......So here's this guy making payments on a boat he's never seen so he doesn't screw his credit up........when all said and done , he ended up getting little extra cash out of deal and buying boat back........and it didn't cost him anything. I just found out it's almost done, when I do I'll let ya know what total $ is in boat.

Moral of story , never have your finance company pay-off a loan....if he had check , he could have just walked away.........
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-01-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
See if you can get the boat owner to post whats up with it.This is something I'm sure we've all thought about at one time or another,scary stuff.