Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2010, 3:28 AM Reply   
Is there anyone out there using this camera or know of someone who is using this camera? Looking for good/bad reviews.

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ked-camera.php
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-07-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
I know alot of people using a go pro my self included... VERY satisfied customer warranty has been awesome!!!! and Quality is un beat..... Im pretty sure there are like a million other threads on hear that will tell you the exact same as i did
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-07-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
I have used the GoPro HD and it rocks. I have two of them and there real easy to use and the picture quality is amazing. Have shot underwater footage and all sorts of POV angles they work great. One thing I must warn you though they don't float so attach a floaty on them or else you'll lose it. The mounts are pretty strong however I have had a mount let loose when I fell on a rail at TSR. Thank goodness I had a floaty on it!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-07-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
I have a vholdr that ive been really happy with. is much more expensive than a gopro, and in my opinion is much higher quality and has much nicer and flush mounting options. especially for snowboarding.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-08-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
I have a vholdr that ive been really happy with. is much more expensive than a gopro, and in my opinion is much higher quality and has much nicer and flush mounting options. especially for snowboarding.
How do you like it? I have been looking at this one:

http://www.rei.com/product/799135

But I am concerned that its not totally waterproof.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-09-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I am concerned that its not totally waterproof.
Andy, thats the cam Norbi shoots some of his vids with I think. Hit him up and see how it works. I'd assume its completely waterproof for that price. What I like about the video from the Contour is it doesnt look like its quite as wide-angle as the GoPro
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
How do you like it? I have been looking at this one:

http://www.rei.com/product/799135

But I am concerned that its not totally waterproof.
is not fully waterproof, you need to get this guy to make it water proof. http://www.amazon.com/Contour-3300-W...9336859&sr=8-4

I have mine set up with that case, and a suction cup mount and run it on the back of the boat. heres some vids ive shot with it. this is the 720p model.

heres some surfing.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-09-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
COOL thanks for the TIp $30 for the waterproof case is nothing! I am going to order it all up!!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2010, 1:58 PM Reply   
sweet man. i can try and dig up witch suction cup mount i ordered if you need. just need to make sure you get the one that threads into the bottom. i had to order like 3 times cause i kept getting the wrong one.

working on uploading some more vids. i suck at working with video!!! pictures are easier haha.