Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (bean521)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
Not to start any argument or anything....But had a question. I have seen numerous threads since I joined this forum in reference to items for sale, trade or problems with....Why are there so many more postings of items for sale, trade or problems with from Hyperlite, Liquid Force and other brands. Very seldom do you see items from CWB posted for sale, trade or problems involving.....Why is that?...}
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-01-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
I would assume that the amount of product that LF and hyp. sells over CWB probably have something to do with that.

I dont't have any actual stats but just the "buzz" over the two would lead me to beieve that LF and HYP. sell alot more product which would inturn create a greater number of complaints as well as praise for the two.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
i know a rider that used to ride for cwb, he now rides for hyperlite, he always says that the hyperlite is much better than the cwb, he would never go back.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-01-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
Joyride, baby...das wat i'm talkin' 'bout.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
CWB gets most of its money from family's who have just gotten into wakeboarding (the reason they sell stuff at sports chalet, etc), most of those type of people aren't on this site, or sites like these, hence the reason you don't hear about it as much.(But infact CWB is one of the top selling products in the sport, from last years numbers) But as soon a they get into the sport more (and visit a site like this) they automaticaly go towards brands like LF or HL, because they're popular brands, so as soon as they have a problem you hear about it.
Its like, everyone who has a broken portable CD player its a Sony Walkman, its because more people own them.(Like SW1 says)
But I can tell you from personal expierance, there is no best board company, all boards can be broken. And I'm not bashing CWB ride one myself
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2003, 7:09 AM Reply   
Shawn is right. CWB sells less, so you don't hear from as many CWB riders.

I would have to disagree with Kristian though. Most families that get into riding buy Hyperlite because you can find there lower line of boards anywhere. CWB is not everywhere. And actually, once these families get into the sport, they're more likely to go with a 'less mainstream' brand and get away from Hyperlite. Or, they upgrade to a higher-end hyperlite board that couldn't be found at your typical sporting goods store.

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-02-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
How is Hyperlite better than CWB? Hyperlite is much bigger due to an awesome marketing plan over the past years, but I own both, and they are compareable in every way.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2003, 8:08 AM Reply   
Jonathan: He says it's the best because Hyperlite is paying him to say it is! What do you think sponsorship is for? Do you think he would run around saying "CWB rules" when HL is hooking him up?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
J-rod, Its a misconception, and thats what I'm trying to get across.
For 2 years the best selling bindings have been the CWB Mobes(out of all companies), and I'm sure the torgs will come out on top this year.
Internationaly CWB sells unbelievably well.

(Message edited by kristian on December 02, 2003)
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-02-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
well i can say i ripped the overlay on the toe part of my zeus bindings. i took it to ski world castro valley and they fixed it no questions asked (great place to shop, cool people excelent service). thats about the only problem i had all summer. not bad being as 4 of my friends all ride my board so when we go out the board never comes out of the water all day....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
My bad Kristian.

Mike....Skiworld is awesome. I live just a few blocks from there. Their staff is the best.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Jonathan, is your friend Brian Pierce?? If if is I know him, hes a good guy.
I agree with Kristian, CWB sold the #### out of the mobes, and the Torqs were right behind. Not to mention the Zues' would be crazy, CWB was back ordered for most of the summer because stores couldn't keep them in stock. You don't hear about them having problems because they hardly have problems. And if by the slight chance that they do have them, CWB takes care of them no questions asked. With the other companies, which I might add, have become soooo corporate, it takes you a month to get a board back that broke, or a binding part sent to you because it tears (everyone that I know that had a Parks binding). In my personal opinion, CWB is the best out there, and I have ridden them all.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-02-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
I like LF. I've had bad experiences with CWB's, so called customer service. A lot of people have good experiences with the board shops they buy their boards from, not the actual company. I was unfortunate enough to move after I bought my board, so I couldn't deal with my shop, I had to deal with Connelly up in WA. Worst experience with customer service.
In San Diego, I get the benefit of being near an awesome board shop (Wakesports Unlimited) and the company. Between the two of them, I get the best customer service and quickest warranty issue resolution.

However, I'm sure if I lived near HL or CWB, they might possibly give the same service.
Old    blind5            12-03-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
well everyone has thier own prefernce, opinions and experiences with each company. no i am not receiving free hyperlite gear, and they are my favorite board company. i ride everyday when it's warm and i ride hard on my hyperlite stuff. i tear each boot about once a year, which isn't bad, it takes me a couple of days to get new overlays. i also abuse my board on sliders and they last incredibly. i buy new board and boots every year, which is very acceptable, considering how much i use them. i think that a lot of people expect more out of thier equipment than it is able to produce, and that is why you hear of so many complants. i do understand that some complants are legit, but for the most part they are just tying to get a free product