Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    SamIngram            09-12-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
Does anyone here us the HP Touchpad? I found one this morning at Wal-Mart in Aledo, IL. They have three left. I bought the 32 Gig model for a total price of $162.79. I am stuck with it though and they will not accept returns for the Touchpad.

I can't decide if I would rather sell it on eBay and then go all out and buy an iPad2 or just try this thing out. Is anyone using the Touchpad? What apps are good? What are the configuration tricks you are using? If I keep it I will just use it for web browsing, email, etc.. instead of my iPhone.
Old    SamIngram            09-13-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
No one?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
I don't what's up with HP. They were blowing those out cheap and then the prices went back up. I'm surprised you found that deal. I'm sure you can get your money back out of it. I've had an iPad for quite a while. I'm not really impressed with it. It can't handle Flash and I can't stand typing messages on it. If you can browse the web and edit messages on the HP then I'd keep it.

I haven't really gotten too much into the apps for my iPad yet. Work bought it for me specifically because I had tons of technical documents on PDF that I needed to read in my off time. So it helped me as a convenience. I would have never paid for it..

The HP has WebOS so it's hard to know how many apps will end up offered. I thought that they were discontinuing it when they blew them ou.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
Hp is getting out of the PC business as well as no longer making a lot of other products such as the touchpad.
Use your google fu and you will find all the answers to what HP is up to.

Last edited by colorider; 09-13-2011 at 1:21 PM.
Old    SamIngram            09-13-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
Well, so far, my Touchpad has been good! I have turned off all the logging stuff and overclocked it to 1.5Ghz. No major glitches yet. Some things on the interface are pretty weird though. I really wanted an iPad2, but I can't imagine it being much better than this, or justifying the price difference. I would like a useable camera, but it is not a big deal. So far it has been very useful as web browser and to watch movies on. Hulu and Netflix both work!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
Have you checked http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1080

Looks like lots of TouchPad info there. I thought getting one to hack and get CM7 or some other Android ROM running on it. I've not been in any hurry, might just wait to see what the holiday period brings us. The rumors around Amazon releasing a tablet are interesting.