Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-16-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Thinkin about buying a mobius V because of its playpen ballast in the front and that its pretty good sized for storage and other things. I was wondering if any of you have this boat and what your thoughts on it are. Is the enging plenty for the full ballast and gear. Does is drive well and other things. Otherwies I was thinkin about a tige 23v/2300 but these don't come with ballast so I would have to add my own. Any ideas would be great!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-16-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
Why not another Malibu?
Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-16-2005, 11:51 PM Reply   
Well I'm not dead set on another malibu cause I don't like the way they do there built in ballast except on the bran new boats and I don't have the $$$$ to throw down on a new boat or even a 04 lsv. So I am considering older boats that have similar ballast to the new Malibu's. I am of the school that any boat can have a great wake with enough weight in it. So the playpen ballast of the mobius v is really atractive to me. I just don't know anybody with that boat or talked to anyone yet who ownes it. I have talked to some people who own the lsv but that boat doesn't have the playpen ballest and when I sit in that boat I feel like I am sitting on the ground. The Mobius V has 2 inch higher seats in it. So just lookin for some opinon on the matter. :-)
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-17-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
Hyrum,
If you want drop me a email and I can give you my cell number. I have a friend with a 2000 Mob-V. I ride with him alot during the summer and I am the one who usually sets up the ballast in the boat. I can give you my opinions on how much you will need and where.
Stan