Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    big_air_22            05-22-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
Ok i just ordered a board. How do u get up, ive wakeboarded for a while so is the it the same concept? I wanna no how to do this before my board arives
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-22-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
I have been getting up starting with the board floating in the water in front of me, put my feet up on it, then get the driver to put it in drive, then you push the board down with your heels, then you are getting up like you would wakeboarding.

have fun!
Old    kdubs            06-24-2005, 11:03 PM Reply   
try holding the skate in front of you against your feet with one hand while holding the handle with your other. that helps me get my feet situated good.

peace
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-26-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
Hold the board under your feet and have the driver troll up a little bit until the board is sticking to your feet then have him hit it and you can get up like a wakeboard.
Old    johnnny_depp            07-07-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
Sometimes the driver goes too fast and it hurts the hell out of my hands. I am 180lbs.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-15-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
hurts your hands??? is the slack out of the rope when thedriver hits the throttle. Thats crazy talk. anywho, let the board float on the surface with your heels on the heel side of the board. when boats goes, the board will somewhat smach into your feet and unless your handicapped you 'll pop up
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-15-2005, 6:00 PM Reply   
No, no, no. The best and easiest way is the deep water start. Push the board under water and stand on it. When you get balanced, draw your knees closer to your body. Bend your ankles slightly up at an angle and signal for the driver to pull the slack. When you feel balanced, tell the driver to hit it and you will pop right out of the water, and then turn and rip. This is so much easier than fighting with the board in front of you. For me anyway, I've done both.
Old    mr_bilevel            07-16-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
^^^maybe for you, easiest way to learn how to get up your first time is the board in front of you technique
Old    nh_wakerider            07-25-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
my vote for board in front, like a wakeboard, who needs bindings anyway... Live to Ride
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
yeah i just learned to wakeskate this weekend, i'm so addicted now, and anyway, the easiest way for me was to have the driver pull the slack out of the rope and then back the boat off so that it's just barely in gear, when he does that you put the board in front of you and situate it with one hand and hold the rope with the other, you then move both hands to the rope, the water pressure will keep the board to your feet, then you simply have the driver give it a little gas and you get up similar to a wake board, for me it was easier if i turned the tip i usually keep in front as much as possible before the driver gave it a lot of gas, you pop right up and then take off, good luck man, it's such a blast!..way better than wakeboarding
Old    fitz            07-26-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
I think doing whatever is comfortable to you is the best ,but me I tried getting up with the board under me like cosmo cat said for the first time doing it and it worked so thats how I always have done it . Its great to see wakeskating evolve like it is, by the way what took everyone so long
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
I can get up on a wakeboard like a champ. I use a State 140 HL WB. I have tried both ways to get up on my wakeskate and I still have yet to get up. My wakeboard is a Liqid Force faction 40. When I try to get up it seems like it is a lot of work. Water sprays everywhere and the closest I have gotten to getting up was fully planed in a squatting position but couldn't stand up. I am feeling pretty much like a retard so any help would be great.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
just hang on, it's tought, and i had trouble at first, you kind of have to muscle it out, try having the driver pull you very slowly and ease you up, thats how i had to learn, now i can pretty much get up with any pull though as you get a feel for it, stick with it and keep practicing, you'll get it!
Old    superfresh            08-28-2005, 12:52 AM Reply   
YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT SHAWN MURRAYS VIDEO ON WAKEBOARD BASICS, VERY INFORMATIONAL, NOTHING WILL HELP YOU BETTER, YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT ALL YOU WANT, BUT WATCHING OTHERS IS KEY TO LEARNING- AND JUST LETTING THE BOAT DO ALL THE WORK!