Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2006, 1:36 AM Reply   
Just wanted to see if anyone else is having a hard time finding wake skate shoes. I wear a women's 6 1/2, so could wear boys shoes, but can't seem to find. Any info would be great!! Thanks.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-12-2006, 8:23 AM Reply   
I just started wakeskating so in the meantime Im using my brothers old (he used them like 4 times!) reef skate shoes. They are a little heavy when wet, but they are really padded so they make me feel more safe, like the skate isnt going to hurt me if it falls on me! I havent tried buying wakeskate shoes, but I would try buywake.com I think they have a domain name just for skate shoes, could be buyskateshoes.com or something like that. You can find that link on buywake.com
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       05-16-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
I'm just getting into wakeskating and haven't bought my shoes yet. Probably will use an old pair of my skateboarding shoes until I find some better ones.

Gallaz shoes are the women's division of Globe skate shoes and have been recommended to me by Stef Tor of Liquid Force. Here's the store locator link:
http://www.gallaz.com/storelocator/
Zumiez in the malls usually has them or Journeys (if you have those stores nearby). The advice she gave me was to make sure they are flat soled, have good support, and not too much padding because it will soak up water and make them heavy on the water. She also told me that there are wakeskate specific shoes out there but I hear they are expensive. They've got drainage holes in them and are thinner/lighter. I just spent the last 15 minutes online trying to find smaller sizes of the wakeskate specific shoes and came up with nothing so I guess I'll be checking out skateboarding shoes, maybe drilling some drainage holes and putting pop rivets in them for drainage. Best of luck to you. Let us know if you find anything before we do.

Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Zumiez and BC Surf & Sport both carry regular skate shoes, and Zumiez usually has some good sales on their stuff.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-17-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Check out DVS wakeskate shows... They look better then most of the other wake specific brand shoes.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Still looking! the DVS wake skate shoes have the smallest size I have seen so far, and that was mens size 6, still too big for me. My husband has a pair of the Reef Byerly shoes and he likes them alot. Oh well, maybe we'll get some women-specific shoes next year!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
What shoe size are you? I am an 8, so the 6 should be fine for me...
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       05-18-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I wear a 6 1/2-7 in womens. Talked to a guy from buywake.com and he said the DVS shoes are really good, they have them in a size 6 mens on buywake, and I think buyskateshoes.com had them too. You should be able to fit into them, no problem. I am thinking about getting a pair of the DVS womens Milan shoe, in mesh. It's a regular skate shoe, so I'll let you guys know how they work. Thanks again for all the input!
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Check out The House Board Shop on line at
www.the-house.com
Great Deals, awesome peps
Good Luck}
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       06-12-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got a pair of shoes on order. Beyond water sports had a pair of the new Jet Pilot wakeskate shoe in size 5 mens. They also had some smaller sizes, mens 6&7. I guess they special ordered a pair for a younger guy, and just my luck he didn't want to use them with the foam top skate. I'll let you all know how they fit, etc. Going to Shasta next week for houseboat trip, can't wait!! Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
I just wear old skate shoes