Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
Well after riding my buddies board I realized that my Dick's Sporting Goods LF board isn't cutting it anymore! I'm looking on WW for a board and ran accross a Faction.....havn't road many boards. I'm not looking for a super fast board, but one that gives lots of pop.....
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-20-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
I ride an '08 Faction 144, love it man! Lots of pop, very controllable, smooth soft landings. I highly reccommend it.
Old     (jed_peters)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
I can say that I LOVE this board.

Great consistent board (I suck, so bear with me) that allows me to consistently progress--everytime I go out I learn something new.

I came off a "pro level" board, and it was just too demanding--this has all the pro level attributes/qualities, but in a forgiving and attractive price point package.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-20-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have the 07 Faction which is pretty much the same as the 08 other than some tweaks to the tip/tail. It is a great board and does everything well imo. It allows you to set a nice edge, good speed into the wake, pops great and lands soft. I still have the stock fins on it and it feels right to me, other riders that like a looser feel have put a set of smaller fins on.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
I ride an 07 as well. Like everyone else says its a great board, good pop, good feel, very soft landings, and very forgiving. I can land out in the flats and it doesn't bother my knees, I really enjoy the board.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-20-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
I have an 08 the only thing that sucks is the fabric on the top is pulling off at the edges. I think from the bungee strap on the board rack.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
I'm riding the 08 and really love the board. I was riding the Absolute for awhile and like how the Faction is more forgiving, smoother and just fun as heck to ride. Check out the Jimmy Wolfe article on the front page, he rocks the Faction. It's a board that you can progress all the way to the top with.