Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
I've never been a big fan of the crotch rocket. I was watching a show on velocity channel and fell in love with the F4

I love the 4 pipe exhaust that comes out under the seat. I guess this was a special option....?

I found a few on ebay

have any of you guys ridden one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-Ag...#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-Ag...ht_3285wt_1161
Attached Images

Old     (Sp8race1010)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-28-2012, 8:44 PM Reply   
I have a brutale. Its red and I love the single side swing arm and all the carbon fiber.
It's sick on the switch back roads!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-29-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have ridden a couple of the agustas. Both the 750 and the 1000 are pretty dope. Not the fastest bike on the road but the handling and ergonomics are second to none.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-29-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Oh and the 4 pipe exhaust is standard on those.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-29-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Usually when I see one at the track, it's being worked on.

They are cool bikes. 10 years ago that we're probably the sexiest bike on the planet. In my opinion, they look a little more dated now. Builders like Ducati, Aprilia, KTM, and BMW produce bikes that look much cooler I think.

The MV was my dream bike growing up, but now I think it's the KTM RC8. :-)
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-29-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
I still think it's the best looking bike out there. All these new bikes are butt ugly with their tiny pointy tails and stuff. All thanks to the butt ugly R6r that came out in 2006. I would rock a RC8 for sure, but it would have a MV tail swap or something..... Just can't live with the looks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
I have the opposite taste. I hate a big tail section cluttered with exhaust. I'm totally into the new styling. The under the tail exhaust was made popular by ducati in the mid to late 90s, and since then, everyone has done it.

In addition the the tail clutter, it places more weight up high (where you don't want it) and generates a lot of heat for the rider. I know from experience. This is what I'm riding right now.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
And I'd rather be riding one of these.
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-31-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
I saw a new BMW the other day(not sure what model) but it was flat black and looked B A$$!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-31-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yeah Paul. That bike is badass. It was rated number one amongst the exotics 2 years in a row. It has traction control and wheelie control, so that it will back off of the throttle when the starts to stand up. I think it might also have anti lock brakes.

"BMW’s optional Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) also received fresh programming. Most of the changes revolve around the functionality of wheelie control with the throttle butterfly valves opening more smoothly when a wheelie is detected. "

Sick!
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-31-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
it'd be cool if it had a gyro in the rear wheel so that when you did a wheelie it could balance for you like a segway and make the novice look like a pro trick rider. (note: I can't wheelie for isht).

I'm only kidding of course.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-31-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Any of you guys ride a Christini AWD yet? I don't ride, I'd kill myself, but I scooted around the block on a Christini Supermoto a couple weeks ago. Talk about weird, it is very strange to have the front wheel pull you out of a turn.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Agusta's are beautiful bikes but if was was going to spend money like that it would be on the RSV4 first and the RC8 second. Not a fan of the new Duc and just can't get past the looks of the Beemer. Then again my street bike is a twenty two year old VFR and I ride a twelve year old tank of of Gixxer on the track. In the end all that matters is what makes your heart flutter when you walk out in the garage to throw your leg over it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden a Christini yet, but as an off road rider, I want to desperately. I've haven't spent much time on a SM bike so I wouldn't have anything to compare it too. But with all of the crazy terrain we ride in the woods and mountains, I would think that the AWD would make a world of difference. I seems like you would no longer have to balance your hips between a wheelie and rear wheel spin on nasty hill climbs.

I hear the Aprilia is up for a complete redesign again for next year. Apparently Aprilia has a new weapon that will beat up on the new Panigale 1199. It shouldn't be hard. the new Ducati was rated poorly by the pros.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-02-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Here you go! BMW is releasing their new HP4. 193 horsepower and under 400 pounds (dry).

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ne...-look-bmw-hp4/