Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (professor)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-05-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
I've got an '04 Supra Launch SS and my amp cuts on and off at random times. My system includes: the stock Kenwood deck, 1000 watt 4-channel Kicker amp, 12" Kicker L7 sub, and '04 fusion t-series 3-way tower speakers with 4 gauge Stinger power and ground wire. The front channels push the tower speakers and the rear channels are bridged to push the sub. I've bought a 1 farad capacitor that I am going to install this year, but I don't know if that is going to be enough. Do I need a second battery and if so, what kind should I get and how do I hook it up to the other battery that is already there?
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
a second batter never hurt anyone its always a good idea. just do a search for perko switch or isolater on here and you'll find plenty of info about it. i think a lot of the people on here w/ the big time stereo's use hellroaring isolaters and either blue or yellow top optimas

mike
Old     (professor)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-05-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike.

I had just one more question. For my second battery I am going to buy an Optima blue top and most likely I am going to buy the Hellroaring 95300B isolator. Does anyone have a diagram on how to wire everything?
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
i just use a perko switch so i couldnt really tell you how the isolater hooks up in great detail. id imagen you could find what you need to know on their website http://www.hellroaring.com/ good luck

mike
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-05-2005, 7:48 PM Reply   
Just got my Hellroaring yesterday from UPS. All the wiring info/diagrams you need come with it. Buy the remote unit as well, it is all prewired and the instalation is straightforward.
You will need to buy the 2 or 4 gauge battery cable to link up with your primary battery, and the cable ends for the ground and starter terminals, but everything else comes with the kit. For an extra measure of safety, I also bought the 150 amp fuse, and I'm going to put it in the ground side, that way, if something shorts it out, it wil just be to ground, and not a dead short. Their website is very informative.

Also, Blue Sea Systems now has a very compact 150 amp marine style breaker that has a on/off switch on it, so that you can shut your amp(s) down with a via a switch at the end of the day, or if you need to do some work on them. The breaker is on their website if you want to take a look..www.bluesea.com