Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Finally figured out a way to rig up some board racks to my bike. It works really good, even at 75mph+. Just gets alot of strange looks from people. But now I can ride my bike all winter in Florida and carry my board. The only problem is they say Mastercraft. J/K. Check it out:
Upload
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-12-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
I ride my moped with the board upside down (boots down, base up) and scoot around town... works awesome.... its just a badass spoiler.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-12-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
"It works really good, even at 75mph+."

Just a matter of time buddy. Cool, but damn. Eventually a car is going to wear your board. Hopefully you use more than just the standard bungies
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
I rarely am going over 45mph. Just saying you cant even tell its there at higher speeds on the highway. Mostly in and around Orlando to the cable and friends. A think there is already enough to worry about just riding a bike in Orlando. Either way Im trying to go for a perfect record on my bike for life though. One mess up is probably your only one.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
you just jinxed yourself.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-12-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
actually Yeah I have seen that before. A bunch of my buddies have racks on their bikes, they have them side mounted instead of like a wing tho-
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Andy, if there is any way you could try to post up a pic of one of them with a side mount I would be really interested to see it. Just didnt see to many options on my bike. Going from the rear I was able to just bolt it through to the frame perfectly. But side mount would be much less stressful to have. Thanks!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-12-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Hey Alex, Larry wants to know who your living with in Orlando, I think he is going for a couple weeks next month?
Sorry for the hijack.
be careful on the bike...
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-12-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I like the idea. Just triple secure the board. I'm pretty sure a board impact at 75MPH on asphault will void your warranty. Not to mention any liability from those behind you.
Old     (lfboardboomer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Hey Gordie,
Im living with a couple guys that are originally from Tampa. Tell Larry he is more than welcome to come and crash or ride. We have the boat and ski so its pretty fun. If he doesnt have my # still I can send you a message. And yeah, I make sure to strap it down tight, plus its angled slightly upwards which really helps it not to slide out.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-12-2009, 2:56 PM Reply   
Alex

Its a bit cold back in MN, but when the bikes come out I will snap a shot for sure.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-12-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
That is freaking great! I don't know if I would use the original bungees but always wanted to ride my Harley to the Lake but the gear stopped me. Still laughing...... In the Dr. Evil laugh.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-12-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
What up Alex, sweet set up, How is the knee doing.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-13-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
void the warranty!!! don't take the chance alex. It's probably not the cool thing to do in FL, but I hope you're wearing a helmet.