Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-15-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
Kinda bummed to see that slingshot dropped him. I love his 2014 shape. Great for boat and cable
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-16-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
same here, agreed 100%. Although, it really is more-or-less the same shape as the 13' Hooke

He's off doing his military thing for now. Hopefully we'll see him back full time wakeboarding in the future.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-16-2014, 6:35 AM Reply   
I don't think it was ever meant to be long term anyway, I was bummed at first, too. Keith is my favorite rider and I ride his original slingshot shape. But you gotta remember he's not a pro wakeboarder and a soldier, he's a soldier. He said he was done, the fact that he rides cable proves it. Not to dog cable but he used to talk a lot of smack on cable riding. If he came back to the scene full time I'm sure he and slingshot would pick up where they left off.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-16-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
It was my understanding that the last few years of him with Slingshot were more about giving back to the wounded warrior program than actually a Sponsorship as most people think of it. Oakley still has him.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-17-2014, 3:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
He said he was done, the fact that he rides cable proves it. Not to dog cable but he used to talk a lot of smack on cable riding.
Any link to those comments? I'd be interested to watch / read those articles.