Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
with all the board-breaking going on, and the rising # of wakeboarders using illegal steroids (i'm not serious) , does anyone have any stories of breaking flex-boards (roams and covenants excluded) Maybe riding a flexier board is the solution to the let-down of a broken board mid-pass ala Rusty last weekend...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-09-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
My Homie Jay (wake name ironJay) Busted a Slingshot board dont remember which modle. So I guess that means you can break them.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-09-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
I saw a guy break an 07 slingshot response trying air tricks at the cable....split the tail somehow, it was kinda weird.
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
I have seen a couple warranty boards but not enough to wonder if they can hold up to the abuse riders can give it. I hit mine on rocks, sand, kickers, and rails and seems to be doing pretty good. If you have a dent in your rail you can sand it down and smooth it out to bring it back to life. Also sanding down those rails can lead to slowin your board and setting it deeper in the water and helps prevent catchin an edge on that rail.

The Flex and the construction of these boards hold up very well, but anything can happen out there so if you have an issue with your Slingshot products please contact our warranty dept and they will take care of you. Seriously!

http://buyslingshotsports.com/s.nl/sc.24/.f
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-09-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Slingshots hold up pretty well. I've ride my as hard as anybody. I've grinded concrete ledges, picnic tables, winched it onto rocks, and take it into that flats regularly. No issues yet.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
my slingshot still is 100% after rails, some metal docking stuff, and the beating a board takes when you travel ... no signs of wear at all.

I broke a Roam - the first generation one if that matters
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-10-2008, 3:18 AM Reply   
sorry to hijack. on the subject of steroids, who are the riders who are taking them?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-10-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Dooie

You missed this after the Steroids Comment.

"(i'm not serious)"
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
...WELL, BOTH SOVENS ACTUALLY....OBVIOUSLY ADAM ERRINGTON, AARON AUBREY HAS BEEN JUICING FOR YEARS, AND DO YOU EVER WONDER WHY CHAD SHARPE HAS SUCH A TEMPER??? C'MON DOOIE, I WAS KIDDING, I DONT THINK WAKEBOARDING WILL EVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT 'ROIDS.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
My slingshot response fell of of the rack due to stupidity the other day and landed right on the concrete (the boat was on the trailer) and it barely busted on the nose of the board. A little epoxy and some sanding and it's good as new.
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-11-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
I broke my Roam at the weekend. Took a tumble at the weekend and pulled the bindings right out of the board :-(

But my CWB Pure has fallen 6ft on to concrete and a little epoxy and I way riding a short while later, you'd have to look hard to see the damage. :-)
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-11-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
why take steroids when we have red bull and rock star !!
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-11-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
My Driver bindings broke, one of them got torn away from the mounting plate. They were replaced quickly, and I am good to go again though. Never had a problem with the board.