Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    gunny_baker            05-02-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I want to put in a new speaker / amp system in my boat but don't want to spend a boat load of money. I think I'd like to get the Kicker KB600 tower speakers that Monster offers and a Clarion APX480M Amp. Does this sound like a decent system or does anyone have a better idea. Thanks in advance for any and all advice. By the way, SO good to be home from Iraq and THANK YOU to all of you that sent me care packages and letters while I was there. Much love to you!

Bret
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
www.nvs1.net
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-02-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Amen,
All about the blinging NVS.
You get what you pay for
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-02-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
bret- if you don't have a thousand + to throw on your tower, i'm sure the monster speakers with a good size amp will sound nice. FYI your profile pic is pretty damn cool
Old    gunny_baker            05-02-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice so far and keep it coming.

Nacho- Thanks for the welcome home and the compliment on the pic. My profile pic was in one of the palaces in Bahgdad, Iraq. Fun Stuff!
Old    mia            05-02-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
as for amps- try looking at for "used" kicker zr series ( way overbuilt and under speced. they are powerhouses, make sure your electrical system is up to par).

also the blaupunkt 5350 & 2120 (designed and built for zapco for blapunkt, made in the usa)..

for new -look at mmats (great amps, nothing fancy)
Old    walt            05-02-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
Bret, Welcome back !
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
I second Walt's comment and add a Thanks. Welcome to this forum. The search will find many other suggestions.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-03-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   

my system
Old     (tense)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-03-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Before you spend a ton of money, think about all the outside noises (wind, engines, water noises)that will not allow you to appreciate clear sound. In an outside environment, volume becomes very important and precise clarity is covered-up by the outside noises.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Check out www.LightningAccessories.com. They use ARC pro audio components. The system i have will kick ass on any the other systems(including J-Rods and his NVS sh*t). I have 6 speakers and I bet I kick your ass(anybodys). DasRite J-Rod.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-04-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
ohhhh shnap.

Tom - nice new boat in your profile. I rode behind Big Ed's X-2 with the NVS Entity Tower speakers, and I must say I was very impressed, so........yeah.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
bret,
welcome home mate and thanks for the effort...

my system has been getting a lot of compliments on the other "stereo" thread, i thought i would share.

down on the money and speakers can be hung from any tower:

Old     (tense)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-06-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Why are there so few 6X9 cannisters for towers? It would seem that a three way 6X9 would be a good fit for tower speakers.
Old     (mahaney)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-12-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
i just built a very nice sounding 4 speaker tower setup for under 100 bucks canadian. managed to find 2 sets of SONY Explod 6.5 inch speakers at a second hand store, and i stuck them into empty aluminum paint mixing cans which i painted to match my tower.

then i got myself a 600watt marine amp off ebay for $75.00 can. I hooked everything up yesterday and they pound. here's some pics:
http://www.stokecity.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249

my description seems way more ghetto than they actually are. im quite pleased with the results. If you don't want to spend the cash, shop around for bits and pieces and be creative! good luck with your setup!
Old     (gerald_carson)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-13-2005, 3:21 AM Reply   
Bret,
Welcome home and a big THANKS for a job well done in Iraq.
Gerald and family
Old    gunny_baker            05-17-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
BIG thanks to everyone for your input. I got a fosgate amp off ebay and found a set of Kicker KB600 speaker for less than $100. I think this system will be enough for me, I hope. I post something once it's all in and I have a chance to test it.

A HUGE thanks to all those that sent their thanks and "welcome home" messages. It's GREAT to be home. Knowing there are so many kick A S S people out there that care, that I don't even know, really makes it all worth it and will definitely make going back that much easier.

Semper Fidelis!
Bret
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Thanks Thane.....But that wasn't the only day I pissed someone off.At this point is at will!!Anything past 20 and people complain!!

Got to love the NVS!!