Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       06-08-2015, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey all

I recently bought a pair of 2014 CWB JT bindings. I am a shoe size 11. I tried on in store the XL 11-12. They fit good. I liked them. They didn't have the 10-11 to try on. So I ordered the 11-12 online.

I strapped them up to my board. Again, they feel great on my foot. I have to tighten them up pretty tight, however, not that it's a bad thing. Well I just tried them in the water (knowing that it would void any return), and they still feel great, but there is kind of a looseness to them. My only question is, when I tighten them up, if I try to move my foot around, I'll get some heel lift. I've got to pull pretty hard though. When I used them in the water, I didn't fall out of them and again they did feel good and I like them a lot.

I like the idea of having a slightly bigger boot than smaller because in years past, reasons I would stop riding after 20-30 minutes were typically because of foot pain.

I'm just curious, if I ever did want to make them a little more snug, what are some of the things you can do? I know you can wear a neopreme sock or something like that. What else? I've read about putting something in the boot?

Also, I've got a pretty wide foot so the bigger binding I think was a good choice.

Thanks!

Last edited by djsauer; 06-08-2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: punctuation error
Old     (K_Dubbs)      Join Date: Feb 2015       06-08-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Usually easier to start with a small boot and let them stretch/pack out. In cases when the boot is a little loose, you can try a foot bed insert, cheap ones usually made of felt that you can put under the stock removable foot bed...or you can spend a bunch of money for custom ones too. Also can use double sided tape on a heel cup insert to consume room in the heal lock. Good luck.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2015, 12:43 PM Reply   
Should have gotten them in large. I wear an 11 shoe and ride the large size as well as about 5 of my friends. But this doesnt help you now. Did they come with those little white "L" shaped pads? not sure if they still send those out as I never used them. If they did, the pads are to add extra padding in the achilles area adding extra heel hold. I would give those a try. If you dont have em, Im sure your local shop will or shoot CWB an email and they might send you out some. Other than that I would just wear some socks or something like that.