Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-08-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Which board for intermediate riders, no inverts, riders in the 210-260lb range. Who has riden these boards and any input about design please.
Thanks.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-08-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
i use to ride a motive and i thought it was a great board for learning, i tried the state but i didnt like it..demo them if you can!

also you should ride a 144 Motive or the 145 State, I weight 145 and i ride a 140
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-08-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
I ride a 140 state.....178lbs. Great board for inverts or a beginner. Motive it good too, but I like the state better.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-08-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
definately the 144 or 145 dont even consider the smaller ones, trust me. Of course demo if you can. The State is a board that takes a couple rides to get used to, but once you get it dialed you love it. The motive is a solid shape that does most things well. Pretty mellow ride. I personally like the state, its good for all levels of riding wont ever hold you back.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-09-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
I ride a 140 State....I'm 6'1" 175...ish, and I LOVE that board. I have complained about the heavy feel the board has in the air, BUT I will say as I've progressed...I don't notice that as much.

The board is a carving animal and is stable as you'd want.

DC

DC
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
How about a 140 CWB Marius... I love stirring the pot and recomending a CWB product on a thread asking about HL.

Sorry, had to do it. It is a good recomendation though.

If your choice is between the State and the Motive and you are a beginning ride you could basically pick by graphic. I learned on the Motive shape and have ridden the State. The State really didn't do a lot for me. I thought it fealt like a brick. No snap, nothing special. I liked the Motive thoug (which is the Belmont shape from back around 2000). It's definitely friendly and easy to learn on .
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-10-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, we all decided on the Motive 140, 4 of us rode it yesterday. I tried it for the heck of it and it was really nice. I bought it for some of my bigger friends and they tore it up. 2 guys landed new tricks and it was obvious to everyone watching the board made a big differance for these guys to progress. We are stoked. My buddy who goes about 230lbs got so much air once he landed out in the flat,the look on his face was disbelief as he usually does good to get nice downside. The board is on the large side for me but i rode it and really liked it.I ride a premier and found this board alot of fun, easy to control w or w/o fins, we had some chop yesterday and it was still fast yet stable, carves nice. Alot of board for $225.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have the 144 motive and its a great board. Rode the 140 for a while but chose to get the bigger board as I'm 230lbs and the smaller board was busting up my knees on landings.

I got mine with parks graphics on it as a end of line deal.