Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
I went out this morning and had a couple of good sets, got the boat back on the trailer, turned it off and the fuel and oil pumps stayed running, I started the boat back up and shut it off again and they stayed running, I quickly disconected the battery so nothing would burn out. When I got back home I connected the battery back up and they didnt kick on, so I started the boat with the fake a lake and ran it for a while, I turned it off and everything seemed fine. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What would have caused the pumps to stay running with the key in the off posistion? The engine is a Merc 350Mpi Tow Sport.

(Message edited by stevev210 on September 07, 2005)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
It was actually both fuel pumps that stayed running,I found out the oil pump is not electric.

(Message edited by stevev210 on September 07, 2005)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
There is an oil punp, but it's mechanical not electric. It sounds to me like you have a bad ignition switch. Did the stereo stay powered too? Was it just the fuel pump?

-Steve
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
The stereo and depth finder both shut off when key was turned off,just the fuel pumps stayed running, could there be some relay that stuck?
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
Steve, The power to the fuel pump runs through an oil pressure switch.(its a safety thing)It looks like an oil pressure sending unit. If there is no oil pressure then there is no fuel. The oil pressure rises just from turning over the motor. The switch is very sensitive to the slightest amount of oil pressure. My guess is the oil pressure switch is stuck. There is a purple wire going from your fuel pump to the switch on the right side of the motor. That is the switch in question. It might need to be replaced.M.