Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-04-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
I'm getting one of my kids a DJ board for Christmas... I'm very excited for "him".

I've ..I mean, he's always wanted to try some mash-ups, but I don't really know jack about it.

We've ordered a Numark Mixtrack (not pro) from Overstock. It looks like the main difference between it and the pro is that this one doesn't come w/an built in sound card (didn't know about that until after we ordered it). I guess that means i'll have to order one or make some work-around so that he can listen to the queued up tracks on headphones separate from master audio.

anyway, this might be one of those, "daaaaaad, can i have my toy back now" kinda things.

or, we'll both get frustrated because we don't know how to do any mixing and it'll collect dust after a month.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-04-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
I really can't offer any advise on these but can tell you my son wanted one pretty bad but that wore off after he started using qbase software. We had bought him a pedal for guitar that loops and does all this crazy stuff and came with Qbase, it took him a while to learn it but then not long he was uploading stuff to internet share sites. He would create music of his own and also modify existing stuff adding voice snipets and changing songs to the dupstep style of things.
Its all above my head but saw some free downloads of the software online and just thought it may something to use with the controller.

Either way good luck
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-06-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
I totally can't wait for this thing. I've been watching some video's/tutorials.

My first mash up will be Charlie Daniel's "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and some Skrillex.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-06-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
Get the Pioneer DDJ t1, much better controller and software
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-06-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
That's like a $900 controller (on sale, list is $1200!)... I ... i mean HE doesn't need that.
just looking for something to play with. don't expect to see us in da club anytime soon.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-06-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Just so you know the sound card has nothing to do with cueing. It basically is just the difference between using your computer sound card or the built in sound card on the mixtrack which will probably give you better audio. For beginners the built in sound card is not needed. Also wakeboardin, did it come with the full version of CUbase ? You might want to look into Ableton Live as IMHO it is the best and easiest DAW on the market today but if the pedal came with the full version of Cubase(which I doubt as it is a $350 piece of software) then you should be good to go.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-07-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Ableton and Fruity Loops are both legit and can be had at a reasonable price. Like mentioned above - if you haev a CUbase version, that will be good.

Fun stuff - let us know how it goes.