Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    ncboarder            07-25-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
Looking to protect above the swim platform on my new boat from boards and careless friends. any cool pics.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Gatorgrip works awesome ! Can be ordered at wakejunky.com and site has some pics
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
you can also get gator grip online at Walgreens.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
http://www.keelshield.com/index.php?id=10
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-26-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Gator Grip. Best stuff out there.

Upload
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Is there anything that doesnt look like...gator? I want like a clear, but very resistant material that wont fade or turn yellow!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
supposedly the keelshield won't . I used the off brand, and it yellowed after about a week.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
While the keelshield will protect against scratch's, will it protect against dings/dents?

Love the gator....
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
I had a surfboard slip and slam into my transom protected by my knock off "Transon Sheild" all it did was live a tiny scratch in the sheild itself, no damage to the boat. Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
this pic shows the yellow of my knock off, I'm going ot replace it with the expensive one.....eventually. Mine looks liek crap, but works.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
I used to have this little plastic-ish strip that screwed into my swimstep that you could wedge an edge of the board under. I liked it because it was super clean, no sticky adhesive to add to the gelcoat and no stickers with borders that give you trouble when you wax around them.

It seems like most people prefer to stick some gator grip on there or the like, but I feel it makes the boat look tacky and not clean.

Speaking of that cool strip thing, does anyone know if they make that anymore? I sold my boat and my new boat doesn't have one....I think it was made by a company that makes binding bolts too?

Danny
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
I use Armour Fend on mine. Clear will not yellow strong they use it on Formula one cars. machine cut prior to installation so no sharp knives near gel cote. www.armourfend.com
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-26-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Gator-Grip