Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-02-2013, 12:42 PM Reply   
Does anybody use or know about the remotes that float? They are a RF remote and I'm looking for some feedback on them. I did a search and couldn't find any threats on this product.

http://remotesthatfloat.com/zencart/

Jeff
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-02-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Yep I have the Alpine unit and it works good. we have it on a floating wrist strap so it is easy to find. Works good for letting the rider control the stereo when surfing
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2013, 3:46 AM Reply   
I have the Alpine as well. I find the range sucks on it though.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-03-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Kinda cool. We just have hand signals for music control separate from boat control, we also sometimes just yell when we're surfing.
Hand signals:
Hang loose with thumb up = Volume Up
Hang loose with thumbs down = Volume Down
Hang loose with motioning starboard = Next Track (hardly ever used when you are surfing to your own mix)
Cupped hand to ear = I can't hear S**T! Turn the stereo on!
Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-03-2013, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies, if it works around the boat I would be happy. I want to use it when I'm on my swim deck.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-04-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
I have had one in my boat since 2006. It sucked at first, I called the factory and they gave me some tips on antenna mounting. I moved it toward the back away from any other electronics and I can operate it from 70' out if I get myself in just the right position. I use it most around camp, dock, beach, tie-ups, etc. now since I added the speed volume controller. It is very handy during houseboat trips when I tie my boat off facing away from the houseboat. I can control the music from the houseboat deck.
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-05-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have the Alpine. Works from an easy 50 or so feet. I can control the stereo from shore while anchored out.
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
Try Aquatic AV. I have a floating remote that the rider ties up to his shorts. I also have an Aquatic AV round remote mounted on the rear of the boat. Aquatic AV is normally used in high end yachts. I knew nothing about this equip until I met a guy that has worked on stereo equipment for 20 years.

In the past 8 years, I have had not one single problem. Here is a link to their website.
http://www.aquaticav.com/

I also got my deck from here as well. Good luck