Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Has anyone dipped the boat yet? Just wondering.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-11-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
A few locals were out on the weekend. I wanted to go, but the RV needed some new plumbing!!!

Hopefully I can get out for a run tonight!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
I live in BC and saturday was the second time out. A beautiful 20 degrees. I'll be pullin the boat it Merritt for the long weekend as well.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
This weekend if the temp climbs above 20, the water will be nasty cold! brrrrrr
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Wabamum has been open for a week or so, I am pulling the boat out of storage this week and plan to spend the entire weekend on it.
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Last year at this time I had 20 hours on it
Old     (serria1)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-11-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
Chestermere was just filled Today hopefully the launch will be open this weekend, the town paved it and put in some strange traffic circle I wonder how hard it will be to fit a boat trailer around it not much room. my truck was tight should be fun to watch everyone hit all the curbs.
Old     (gawabr190)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-11-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
brrider, that is a great picture. Is that lake Merritt you mention? My brother puts his boat into Windermere lake each summer, is that anywhere near Merritt?
Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-11-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I live in penticton....Bought a new '08 vtx on days off and had to splash her on the 30th of april........skaha lake.... h20 temp was 9 degrees .....gotta get that 10 hour break in period out of the way!
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-11-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Have been out a few times to Cultus, ( BC) Water is still in the 50's but getting warmer everytime.. Heading to Osoyoos for the long weekend, anyone else going to be their?
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-11-2009, 9:48 PM Reply   
Went out tonight and had a nice cruise around the Crimson Lake. Water temp was a balmy 53 def F. Played beachcombers for a while and towed a large deadhead to shore. It was sure nice to get out and enjoy the water again!!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-11-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Here's the tree!!!!Upload
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2009, 12:14 AM Reply   
from montréal and the boat is at the marina. the water is so cold.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-12-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
waiting for some time to put the boat in Turtle bay on Wood lake.-BC would've done it Sunday but ran out of time! so this week foresure!
My parents Live @ Wizard Lake AB- Ice came off last monday..they said boats were on the very next day...gotta love it!
keep the HOT TUB HOT!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-12-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
SulMaxwell, I would guarantee it was the Wizard Lake Marine boys running up the new customer boats. They have been running around 8-10 boats a day to keep up with delivery.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
^^^ I Haseqawa. No, that picture is another lake here in the valley that we went to last year. I will be heading up to our house in Merritt here for the long weekend though.

^^^ K Scales. I live in Abbotsford so I'll probably see you up at Cultus a fair bit and I think I have already seen you this year. If you check my profile you'll see my boat. We try and hit cultus during the week or first thing on sat/sun mornings as I'm sure you know that lake goes to absolute hell in the summer. Just over 1500 acres and in the summer you can easily count over 100 boats.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,

Im pretty sure I have seen you on Cultus as well. Next time, come on over and introduce yourself. I am trying to get a large group of guys together in the fraser valley.. I hate when I want to ride but can not find anyone else to go with... We try to stick to Cultus during the week and then hit, Stave, Alloulette or Pit on the weekends.

Cheers..
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
I will for sure.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-12-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
Wow, a couple of BC guys... good to know there are some on here. I'm out in Langley so hit up cultus a few times a year, I'm sure I'll frequent Allouette a little more with the new bridge opening... toll or no toll I'm not sitting on the #1 on a summer day!

We normally ride on the Fraser, launching in port kells. Best water for serious riding, very little traffic and almost always can find some calm water. Just need to stay out of the way of the tugs..!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
You actually ride the Fraser eh? I have always thought about it considering a lot of times it is buttery smooth and nobody out there but with the sewage treatment plant in Abbotsford dumping in to the Fraser just below the Mission bridge I have opted to not ride in there.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-13-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I know a few guys throw in at Mission and go up stream to a spot, but it is tricky getting their with the shallow waters.. Stave is just about as close for me, so I go their.

The new bridge is going to be awesome, you will have to meet us one day at Allouette. Might try to head their on Monday if the weather will hold..

Cheers.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-13-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
We were going to head out to Wizard for the day last weekend but my stereo project is going a bit long and the boat was still in pieces.

We'll be at Buffalo Lake for the long weekend.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
To a spot?

As in the slough at Dewdney?

Last year when the water was high my brother in law and I rode the vedder canal which was pretty cool. Another spot is the back of the vedder where it merges with the fraser where they park all the log booms. Nice and calm and out of the turbulance of the fraser.

^^kscales I have never been out to Alloutte or Stave. I have always wanted to go. Def have to meet and make a trip out one day. I'll be up in Merritt (Nicola Lake)here for the weekend but as the weather gets warmer I am usually out 2-4 times a week.
Old     (surfaddict)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
I was at Ghost on Sunday and there was ice on half the lake still. I put the boat in the water but I kept dry. I was out on Chestermere on Monday night and got about a half hour of surfing in before I realized that I needed my wet suit! As for that traffic circle....who designed that? It is horrible!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2009, 12:16 AM Reply   
My first run was at the easter weekend break, went out in the Okanagan... Ice cold back then.

Should be getting back up there for a good amount of time starting in June. Been waiting for this one since the end of summer. Not too much better than being on a boat up there.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-14-2009, 1:07 AM Reply   
You guys would be surprised how kill the fraser is to ride. We launch near the barnston island ferry and usually ride the two channels on either side of the island. If the wind is blowing N or S it makes a perfect break for it. Or sometimes we go up towards derby reach park, up near albion ferry area. Water is great, no shallow waters, its a little logfilled right now but it usually clears up come summertime. I never make it up far enough to abby/mission but I know what you are talking about.

Dave, if you hit alloette make sure you head left from the boat launch (south?) and drive through the narrow pass to get to the other side of the lake. Its usually calmer, warmer, and more areas to ride. It's about a 20-25 minute boat ride at cruising speed but well worth it. Can be too busy/choppy near the launch.

Arrgh can't wait for summer... not soon enough..
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
@ Andrew- How do you like your Shred Stixx?

Stuey- Never been down aound the albion, who knows maybe I will throw it in the fraser and take a look.

2nd that about Allouette, through the narrows to the top of the lake, water is warmer and calmer. When you leave the launch, head East close to the other side, and then North up the lake. Their is a sand bar on the West side that goes out pretty far, its one of those things, depending where the water level is... I have never seen it... but I always head up the East side to be safe.

Any of you guys surf ?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
^^^ Yup
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Hey Kscales

I've only been on the water twice this season with the board. I was demo'ing a boat for one of those days, and had a mis-sized fin on one side, so I really didn't get a very good chance to push the board.

When I was working the board, it seemed to respond really well. It's the Comp I so it'll be an awesome board once I get out there a little more.

Jerry Price makes some damn good boards. Just search for Chase Hazen or ShredStixx on Youtube, and you'll see how they perform.
Old     (serria1)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-14-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
James I also wonder about the new traffic circle @ chestermere.Maybe they did this to limit the boat size you can launch. If you can not get around the circle you are out of luck. Parking also seems to be worse now but paved.