Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
Anyone have a good explanation for this? Not trying to knock on his riding or anything, but I've never seen him hit a single D-UP on any of the half-dozen or so videos I've watched with him in it. Also, with most contests going to the head-to-head format, I don't think he's ever advanced to the semis (or whenever it is double-ups are pulled). I know he tore his ACL a while back, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would back off do to injury. If there's one guy I want to see charge a double-up (outside of Chad Sharpe), it's Lyman. And no need for the obligatory "every jump he hits is like a double-up"; it's dully-noted
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
Because everything he does looks like a double up?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I just read your last sentence
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
thanks j-rod . anyone else?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
in metronome his very first clip is a double up.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
Yup, I've seen him hit dubs before, too. Not sure if he does after his knee surgeries or not.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
hyperlitenerd, what did he throw? seems like he'd be a natural at glides and huge batwings to blind
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
I think it was a big old 3 or 5.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-28-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
have you seen invisible cinema? his section in that movie ranks up there with the Vandall's in NBT. it's sick, huge heel 5's off the dub.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
i saw both invisible cinema and metronome a while back (hence me forgetting his double-ups) as well as silly, butter effect, snafu, the bent felix trailer, and a couple wakepics videos. so i guess that begs the question: why isn't he hitting double-ups now? i can understand him wanting to be careful of his knee, but it's not like landing 30 ft. in the flats everytime is that much more gentle
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-28-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
not sure your intentions for this post--rather negative! Not everyone is suited for competion riding, it can really mess with your head. Having been fortunate enough to spend time with Kieth on many occasions, I can assure you that he has no trouble hitting the d-up! Perhaps one day you will have the opportunity to be in the boat when he rails in on a 95' line as hard as he can..............
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
chuck, negative was in no way my intention for this thread. i don't know if there's anyone i'd rather watch than lyman. i only brought up the head-to-head contests to further my point that i've never seen a lyman d-up, not to draw attention to his lack of success in competitive riding (personally, competitions don't even factor into the equation when i "grade" a rider). i was only curious as to if there is a reason for him not hitting as many double-ups as other riders, or if that's just how they chose to edit the videos. and i certainly wasn't suggesting he can't hit d-ups or is scared to...the dude is fearless on a wakeboard
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Chuck....how was his post negative? Little protective?

I will not assume to speak for Jeff, but my assumption for his intention of the post...to find out what KL is not hitting a lot of DU's on film.......
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
He hits a huge d-up in "running on empty"
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-28-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
thanks E.J.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
He always comes to texas ski ranch and rides the boat lake. his gf lives down here so I see him ride quite a bit. I saw him ride last week and he was going huge, just not on the double ups. why don't you ask him? http://www.myspace.com/keithlyman
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Jeff, I think he threw some spin and pop the handle on the landing.

But I would rather see him throw 6 tricks back to back other than a double up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Lets think, off the top of my head:
Metronome: hits a d-up
Concussion project: hits a d-up
Running on empty: another d-up
and just saw him do a very spiffy BS7 off a d-up on pull.
but come on, the guy goes big enough doesn't he, lol.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Over rated
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-29-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
In his interview in Alliance, their is a sentence in one picture that says 'Lyman is now free to charge doubles with both knee brace off'. He definately hits double ups in the older video. I think he probably doesn't hit them because the pop can be inconsistant, even for the pros. And with the way he charges, a screw could lead to another injury.