Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
I'm possibly going up to my condo in Northstar for this Holiday weekend and I want to take my 32' Sea Ray out on the lake. However I dont know of any launch locations near Northstar that will accomodate this boat for launching and trailer parking . any ideas? I posting a pic so you get an idea of the boat im talking about. thanks!

Upload
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
You should be able to launch at Lake Forest (Tahoe City). Parking that trailer might be an issue, but there's almost always parking along the road if the spots aren't big enough. http://www.tahoecitypud.com/parksrec/fields.shtml#1 After that, you'd have to look at one of the marinas and their slings.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-30-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I was there last weekend. I launched in Homewood, Oxeses?? or something like that, they had a normal launch ramp. Trailer parking was available on the street but it could be tough on the big holiday weekend. Many of the marina's have crane launch systems, not sure they could accomodate your rig.

You will need to complete a Quagga muscle inspection wherever you launch. There are several pre-inspection checklists available online, just do a search.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
The homewood one is called Obexers .

I would DEFINITELY go to the Coast Guard ramp in Kings Beach. Its free, wide open, and new. Just watch for rocks on your way out of the bouy field.

Lake is low this year, so keep an eye out.
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
My parents live in Kings Beach, there is no way I would recommend the boat launch there on Coon St. You'd have to drive out like 100 yards or more in 1-2 foot deep water to even think about launching. The Tahoe Vista launch just outside of Kings Beach is also closed due to low lake levels.
Here's a list of all the boat launches and their status:
http://www.boattahoe.com/boat-launches.htm
Old    K.B.C.            06-30-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
Corey is on it, Tahoe City is the best option.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
ive been to the tahoe city launch, and parking is really hard. and that was with a wakeboard boat trailer. so unless i get there at 5am i maybe out of luck. maybe ill just go to the river instead on friday and let the yahoo's have the 4th.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Kings Beach. it's the closest to Northstar, easy launch / Park, and its FREE!!
I think Obexers charges $20 in AND out.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-01-2009, 12:17 AM Reply   
Yep $20 at Obexers, nice folks, decent gas dock.

It was tough keeping my boat from getting hammered against the pier. You might consider getting a couple of the hoppity-hop style bouys if you plan on stopping anywhere (like Sunnyside).