Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    ScottRobinson            09-29-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Due to Weather...

OK I am not a die hard like alot of you. 35 with 4 kids under the age of 8 so for us the boat is put away now, and reading these threads just KILL me now....lol

Who else is done for the year? Where do you live as well?

Indiana here and done
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
not done till it gets in the 50's . thats what wetsuits are for.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-29-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
My boat is high and dry now. They started draining the lake last week and my boat is stuck on the lift so I moth balled last weekend. I still get a pull from other boats though, so the season may be over in my boat, but there are enough others still going around here in AR to ride more. Somewhere around Halloween is when I ususally call it quits for the season.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
No heater on the Epic?

Put some hoodies on the fam and hit up the lake, this is the best time of year in Indiana! Water isn't cold at all, yet.

Always go till at least Halloween/ first hard freeze.
Old     (93rx7)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-29-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
No heater on the Epic?

Put some hoodies on the fam and hit up the lake, this is the best time of year in Indiana! Water isn't cold at all, yet.

Always go till at least Halloween/ first hard freeze.

pulled the boat out of the water & winterized it last weekend.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-29-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
I'll probably be getting rid of my boat here in the next 2-3 weeks. The weather really starts to drop off and I have to get my boat back to our summer house 2 hrs away through the high mountains which will start getting snow soon. I can't wait to have a enclosed garage one day so I can go later in the season still.
Old    ScottRobinson            09-29-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Got Heaters, and Hoodies.... lol Kids just have no "go" to them now.... school, sports starting....just seems no want to go now if they can't play in the water. I would love to get out and cruise maybe once more but most likely won't happen. I hate Indiana!!
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-29-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
Done here in MN for the most part, unless I find a pull :/ last ride I took was probably a month ago. buddys dad pulled their malibu out, and my other three friends with boats are all off to college. Class has started for me, so its hard to find time. Anyone in MN that needs a third, PM me! I'm not ready for winter haha. Going to try and make it to 10k wakes' sesitec before it closes. This is the worst time of the year, right in between wakeboarding and snowboarding. Talk about not a whole lot to do!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-29-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
are you in the metro Ben? Still a lot of us riding. We rode marion in lakeville on Saturday. I hope to get out again this weekend.
Old     (soonerwake85)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-29-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
85 and sunny here in Oklahoma today. Still trunking it
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-29-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
are you in the metro Ben? Still a lot of us riding. We rode marion in lakeville on Saturday. I hope to get out again this weekend.
North of the metro, in Becker. 20 minutes south of st cloud. I'll pm you my number, I should be free this weekend if u need another body in the boat
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
riding yesterday afternoon in arizona. temp was 104. water is in the high 80s. come down and visit the desert for year round riding
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-29-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Just hitting the best part of the season in Texas!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-29-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
I am not done until the lakes in MN freeze. Hell last year we rode well in to December. But then there is this year and the Boken Hand in August cut my season short, I am hoping to get the all clear to ride a few more time before I have to fly out of state!! Stupid Hand!!!
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
right now is the best part of the season here in northern california.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-29-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
This might be out last weekend. The weather in Colorado had been damn nice though lately. We are still consistently hitting the 80s and had a few days recently in the 90s.
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-29-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
canada here. my marina ordered boats out last weekend due to high river levels. just coming out of a broken ankle now but hope to be riding (at least on the weekends) through october. drysuit or good full wet... hoping to be in australia through the winter though!
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-29-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
"Just hitting the best part of the season in Texas! "

Agreed in Louisiana. Trunks for another month, and we pretty much have the waterways to ourselves till March/April. Its always glass here during this time of year cause theres no traffic.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-29-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
my boat gets put away when tahoe opens up. till then its on...
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-29-2010, 3:36 PM Reply   
This is always the best time to ride around here. Football season, college, etc... We ride less in January and February but it depends on the air temps mostly.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-29-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
this is one of the times that i enjoy living in so cal, the season never really ends haha, most of the winter you still get hot if you're wearing a full wetsuit.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
college ended my season a month ago... working hard for the next one though!
Old     (redracer2003)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-29-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
Been done here for about a month now. Since Labor day it's been windy, cold and wet.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-29-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
Getting close here in ontario
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-30-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Done, stick a fork in it, boat is winterized, now I can't wait for SNOW!
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-30-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
California Delta the weather is just getting good! we have had 4, 90deg pluss days in a row with 0 wind!!!! i will try and ride till the end of nov. if the weather stays warm
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
I am actually wanting it to cool off a little. Still a lot of people on our lake. Once we get one bad week of weather everyone will go away and then we will get butter all day. Plus I don't mind riding in a dry suit. This year we will probably ride all year long!
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-30-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
I probably have another month before winterizing here in New Mexico.
Old     (Tiffanynfern)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-30-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
never ends, even when its cold, DRY SUIT!!!!!!!!
Old     (rider420)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-30-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanynfern View Post
never ends, even when its cold, DRY SUIT!!!!!!!!
Heck here in Fl the boats never get put away just have to wear more gear to ride...
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-30-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Hopefully will ride through the end of October. My biggest problem is finding a crew, either no one will commit or they'll say yes but be a no show. Only gets more difficult to find people once it gets cold out. I don't winterize the boat until we get below freezing at night, I'll ride in the cold, it sucks but it's for the love of the sport.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-01-2010, 12:30 AM Reply   
Over got to ride until the end of October last year but unfortunately this year finished early. Gutted. Still Snowboarding in a few months!
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-01-2010, 3:24 AM Reply   
Mine ended in July due to injury, but we will definitely keep the boat in at least until Mid-October (or later, depends when the marina kicks us out) and hopefully still go out a few times in November before winterizing.
Old    ScottRobinson            10-01-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
It is INTERESTING to see all the different states how things are so different. I would love to live in FL or CA and able to ride all winter. Really would love to live in CO so I can do both wakeboard and snowboard. I am soooo Jealous.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-01-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
DRYSUIT!!! AHH! Boarding on Turkey day here i come!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-01-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Last year we stopped by first week in November with a wetsuit, but this year we have a drysuit, so who knows.......I'm making up for lost time right now, since 4 weeks were taken from me when I tore my MCL mid-summer. I got this covered. Heater top, long sleeve shorty and full wetsuit and drysuit!
Old     (Dmcastino)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-01-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Due to Weather...

OK I am not a die hard like alot of you. 35 with 4 kids under the age of 8 so for us the boat is put away now, and reading these threads just KILL me now....lol

Who else is done for the year? Where do you live as well?

Indiana here and done
I'm in Indiana too, live in Noblesville, but at school in Bloomington right now. I'm done for now because I tore my bicep this week but depending on the results of the MRI I may be able to get a couple final weeks in before winter, I'm still young and stupid so I'm usually down to brave it out with a wetsuit as long as the water is 47-48 and above haha
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-02-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
I ride on a nuke lake in Virginia. The water temp is rarely below 65, so there is no off season. It really gets good in Sept when the yahoos pack it in. The coldest I have endured was on a non nuke river with 40 degree water, 32 degree air, and snowing. That made for some epic photos. I had the right gear and was not the least bit uncomfortable after a 20 minute set.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
still riding in MN.. mid 60's... close to 70 this coming week... perfect riding weather. No weekend warriors on the water. Its great!
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-02-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
In Dallas we have about another month of board short riding (possibly a heater top in the mornings), then it's onto full wet suits and dry suits from November through mid-March.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-02-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
Wrap up, bring a cooler full of hot water and ride till that baby ices over! This was one of the coldest water days we've dealt with up here in Wisco. But hey, after 2.5 snowy months without it, gotta get out there!!! :-) And I've heard about those Nuke lakes, I'd love to ride one sometime! That'd be pretty sweet.
Attached Images

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-03-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Cracked my board part way in half upon landing. Warranty will take forever. Done
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-03-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
Just getting into the better part of the year here in Orlando , Soon it will be butter til march with no morons on the lakes...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-04-2010, 5:47 AM Reply   
Water temps still in the mid 80s. Shorty suits from Jan to Easter. Now the water has cooled off just enough to chase away the hated jellyfish and most of the tubers. Wrestling, tennis and swim teams, not to mention homework have put the kibosh on weekday rides but Sunday after church will go on all year except for Super Bowl Sunday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-04-2010, 5:50 AM Reply   
john m hall do you ride at lake anna? hot or cold side?
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-07-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
here in North Central Fla, water temps are still in the 70-low 80's. the air temps are cooler though, so I don't think the season will be over per se, usually isn't here around North Central Fla. usually know by Halloween how cold a winter it's gonna be. usually break out the wetsuits around November though.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Hopefully this weekend will be a little cooler here in nor cal and keep the cruisers off the lake. I am ready for the time when we can just ride all day without other boats. I don't mind if it is in a wet suit or dry suit just give me the butter.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-08-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
Yesterday was one of the best days of the year down here in Huntington Beach, Ca. Afterwork sesh, no one else on the water, air temp 75 maybe 80 and water temp over 70. It was perfect! I hope to get a few more days like that in!
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-12-2010, 12:06 AM Reply   
It may be over for me - but I have our communities' December annual boat parade and regatta - on trailers. About 10 years ago 3 neighbors were drunk and decided that it would be fun to have a boat parade (mind you the closest lake is 45 minutes away). The first year there were 3 boats, with lights driving through the streets of the neighborhood.

Now, there are about 20 of us nutheads. The 3 guys dress up in Santa suits and stop traffic on their mopeds, while we all drive through our "parade route" with friends and family in the back. Decorations are all hokey with the more lights the better. People actually have parties in their front yard waiting for us. It's two hours of stupid fun. The cops just smile and keep on driving.

So, my winter project, how to borrow my friends honda generator, calc' how many lights it can power and see if i can use a halloween fog machine and..... oh yeah - no stripper poles for those of you who will suggest it.....its a family event....lol.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-12-2010, 4:01 AM Reply   
??? 37.7 no thx