Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    anim8or            04-21-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
I have some very minor prop damage that my local repair shop (Lakeside marina in Castaic, CA) is recommneding I get fixed since any damage throws the prop off balance. Unfortunately, they told me the company they use to deal with fixing props no longer picks them up directly from Lakeside, they now require them to be shipped, which means an extra $30 or so. Originally it was $80 to repair this type of damage. he now recommends just buying a new prop for $120. Does anyone know of a cheaper place where I can get my prop fixed? In the meantime I can use my spare prop, but since we're taking the boat on vacation for a week this summer I would like to bring both, just to have a spare.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-21-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
Valley Prop in Ventura helped me out. their number is 805-644-5055. ask for Brian.
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
$120 for a new prop sounds cheap ? If that's true, I could use a spare.
Old    anim8or            04-22-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thomas-
thanks for the help, i'll give them a call tonight. any idea what their prices are?

Chris--
yeah, that sounded kinda low to me too. I figured they'd run about $200. Maybe he was trying to sell me a used prop or something?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       04-22-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
Wilmington Prop
829 Watson Ave
Wilmington, CA 90744
FAX:310.518.1605