Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
So, I read the post about how wakeboarding is one of the fastest growing sports. And this means a lot of new riders, drivers, and crews out on the lakes. And this also means there will probably be a lot of uninformed drivers out on the lake, tearing up the water without realizing they are the reason it is so choppy. (I know this was the case on our lake last summer) I think most of the bad driving comes from a lack of information. So, to help our new riders, and ourselves get better water, I want to create a small, one page hand out briefly describing some theories of boat driving, like how to turn while the rider is up, not to power turn to a down rider, and how to share a line, on the wind protected side of the lake. I would like to keep a few on the boat to hand out to new boats we meet, and hopefully get a stack of them to be handed out at the local marina and proshops. So please post up ideas to put in this hand out or any general ideas about it, and I’ll hopefully get some time to make it before we get back to our lake! I am mostly going to be putting in the driving tips contained in “the book”. Would anyone by chance already have made something similar to this that I could work off of?