Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (magene)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever rented a lakefront house at Lake Shasta? One where we could keep the boat out front would be ideal but near a marina would also work. We just got back from a great week at Tahoe Keys but are looking for a warmer, calmer lake for next summer's vacation. We have a pretty big group, 10-12 people w/some young kids, and think a houseboat will get pretty small for a week long vacation.

I found a couple on the web but if you have recommendations or comments, I'd like to hear them. If other lakes in No. Cal. or even up in Oregon would work, I'd be happy to hear about them also.

Thanks - Gene
Old    slow_driver            09-09-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
Not sure I have seen that on Shasta, but there are a few options on the Delta. Get in contact with some Real estate agents in Disco Bay. We rented a couple of different private homes in Disco bay over the course of 7-8 years for summer trips. Probably the best WS trips I ever had, including houseboat trips, especially with a large family type group.

We go to Tahoe every summer as well, I have gone since I was a kid (30+ years) I never did consider tahoe a water ski lake, though I do see a lot of ski boats on the lake, I just can't imagine.

The last couple times we hit shast the crowds have been a bit of a factor, could have just been where we were, but so far, from what I have seen, the delta gives you the best opportunity to find an uncrowded spot and water so consistantly flat you can barefoot all afternoon.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-09-2005, 11:34 PM Reply   
They are a few options on Shasta. Do some searching on the web. I looked into it a couple summers ago but then moved. I don't remember any specifics but if you do some google searches you'll find some info......
Old    chicago_julie            09-10-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
How far are is the Delta from Shasta? We are going to a wedding there next summer and thought it might be a good idea to bring out boards.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-10-2005, 9:42 AM Reply   
Check out Sugarloaf cottages on the Sacramento Arm. They have a couple houses which would take that many people. Also, Silverthorn resort and Tsadi resort have cabins. Bridge Bay Resort has some, but they are set above the parking lot. There are a couple on Salt Creek and on the McCloud Arm that still have the 99yr lease with the forest sevice. Good Luck.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-12-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
Here is a site with all of the links you may need.

http://www.shastalake.com/
Old    wayknbayk            09-13-2005, 12:26 AM Reply   
There are alot of lakefront houses available at Shasta...did one a couple years ago towards the end of I-5...forgot which marina it was but it was about a grand cheaper than our usual housboat trip. You have AC a comfortable bed and your personal dock. Try searching vacation homes at Lake Shasta.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-17-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
there are houses on or near the lake @ the lakehead area. there are homes for rent on a weekly basis. very few will be "lake front" but many with a lake view and not far to walk to the lake. in the next 10 years shasta will have fewer "lake front" homes because shasta dam is going to be raised 18.5 feet allowing for more storage. many homes will be gone. the first of many changes is already in motion with plans to raise the height of the antlers bridge @ lakehead along I-5. big big changes coming soon for lake shasta. 10 years is not that far away.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
I've tent camped and rented a house boat. This time of year you should rent a house boat. The walk to the the lake will be long if you stay on shore.

We have rented a house boat the last couple of years and they have never been to small and we go with 15 people.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-19-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Karma,

Are you absolutely sure they are going to raise Shasta Dam? I remember a lot of talk about it years ago but I'm pretty sure the plan never got out of the feasibility stage. I could be wrong but a quick Google search only netted me old news.

Regards,

Matt
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-19-2005, 10:49 PM Reply   
yes i am sure. the book has already be published and released naming over 400 sites that would be affected by raising shasta dam. full airial photos and all. home addresses, roads, bridges, utilities,etc. i have a copy of the book published by montgomery watson engineering for the u.s. bearu(sp) of reclamation. there are also 3-4 other federal dams in ca. that will also be raised. also took a tour at shasta dam and the head honcho at the dam gave the tour for our organization. he also said 18.5 feet is a done deal.check the usbr web page or call them in sacramento ca.