Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyone has subscribed to learnwake.com and if you feel that it was worth it?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
I wish they would come out with another movie like they did with The Book. There is a ton of newer stuff that they could do. Especially if people don't have internet access.

I spend my entire day on a computer and don't want to go home just to watch video's on the internet.
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       06-09-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Thats why you look at the videos while at work.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-09-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
So do you guys think its worth it and is it translating over to the water. Or have you found its better to have a dvd and a dvd player on the boat.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
IMO and I haven't subscribed to LearnWake.com but have thought about it for awhile. The DVD on the boat would be a killer idea but LearnWake.com does have a 7 day trial. What not try it out for 7 days and see for yourself. Not the answer you wanted but I am thinking about doing that myself.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-09-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
Yes, It's worth it. As long as you keep a video camera on board with you and have your spotter filming your tricks that you are working on. Kyle will sit and critique everything you are doing wrong in the videos just like a coach would at a wake camp.
I just wished there was more activity on the learnwake boards, but the only way that can happen is if more people like you join.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
7 day trial, I wish I had seen that before I spent $9.99 with them.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-09-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Use the code backside for a seven day trial. Expires June 10 so hurry.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
You could also look into the Bookmobile. This is the same footage as the original Book, but it comes on 1 CD is a lot cheaper than the whole 5 disk set, and it is easily uploaded to Itunes for your Ipod... then you can take it in the boat, and I am pretty sure most everyone is taking the Ipod for tunes anyway. Then you can watch your instructional just before you get into the water... I am going to have to check out Learnwake too... But, the last thing that I need is another internet wakeboard addiction.. the wife might KILL me
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-10-2009, 6:19 AM Reply   
I am just starting my trial and I will continue with a subscription. If you have a phone with a data plan there's always the option of opening a web browser and logging on while on the boat.

**The main difference between learnwake and an instructional DVD or The Book Mobile is that it is interactive. You can ask questions, upload video and dialogue with one of the best coaches out there. All for $9.99 a month - I would say that is a pretty great value. I have browsed through some of the feedback that is given on the site and with screen captures and digital image comparisons the feedback is pretty unbelievable. If you utilize the interactive features and skip McDonald's once a month you will end up ahead!
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-10-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
I love it! So worth $10 ..I have learned a lot from it.
I tried opening up the videos from my iphone, but it would not work. I think they are in adobe flash or something that and I was not able to view. If anyone has been able to do it, I would love to know how.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-10-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
Yeah, Like posted this is not like having an instructional dvd because you can upload your own videos and have them critiqued by professional coaches.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-11-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Hey everyone... I usually don't check the forums on here much, but since we just finished up our Free 7-day pass promotion with LearnWake, I wanted to see what people were saying about it.

At the same time, I'll give you guys some insight to our future plans with LearnWake. I am REALLY excited about your guys' comments on here, because they are right inline with where we are going with LearnWake. It is almost as if you guys were spying on our meetings or something. We will be releasing LearnWake DVDs. I would like to have the product in stores this summer. Just like The Book, we'll have multiple discs. Unlike The Book, we won't be releasing the full series at one time. Instead, we'll be releasing discs one at a time at a rate of roughly 2 discs per year. Each disc will have approximately 15 chapters. The videos will be inline with what we are doing with the website. We created The Book to be your all-around instructional video. These LearnWake videos will act as a supplement to The Book. Pricing for the DVDs isn't 100% finalized, but we are talking about releasing them at $29.99 each. We figure there are 15 chapters. A music video on iTunes costs you $2. We figure our chapters are roughly as long as a music video, so 15 chapters X $2 = $30. We'll also be including some sort of membership card with the DVDs.

For those of you on the go, we'll be implementing a Mobile version of our website eventually. The timeline on this project looks like completion by next summer. I'm not sure how the videos will work on the mobile version of the website yet. Most smartphones out there do not support flash yet, which is the format of our videos. Flash support is coming though for a lot of these phones hopefully this year. As mobile phones mature, we'll be able to offer a better mobile service complete with videos, etc. So we're kindof waiting for technology to catch up, so we can make the best mobile experience possible.

Anyways, thanks for all of the great comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the site.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
^^^ Sign me up for a few of those DVD's. Great idea!!!!! That way I can watch it on my 65 inch tv and not this lousy 17 inch monitor. :-)
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
I subscribe and find it v. useful, as has been said they will look at a clip of you and give you feedback, which you can respond to and then get more feedback.
Do it, you can always cancel