Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-25-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
I got a new board for Christmas and it has a tiny little ding on it. It was clearance from a shop and I know they don't have any more of them. I really like the board, and I know my gf got a smokin deal on it, so I'm going to keep it.

Anyways, I'd like to simply repair this little ding. It's tiny, probably only 1/8 to 1/4" in length on the side of the board where the top sheet meets the bottom sheet.

Any suggestions on the best repair kit to use and any advice on the cleanest approach to using the kit are appreciated.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            12-25-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
There are repair kits sold (sometimes on ebay - I even saw it in Home Depot once) that are for wakeboards.

I personally use fiberglass resin. Mix it up and slap it in the crack. Be sure to do this prior to putting it in the water.

This topic has been up before - do a search and you will have all of the info you need
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-25-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim. I found a good bit of info in some other posts.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-26-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
If you don't like resin, Industrial sealant is good to. Typically the gray color type that hardens very solid. You can then sand it down and shape as you need.

Two-part hobby epoxy will work to, and they have a clay version that is fairly easy to work with. check the local hobby store.

Old    grizzle            12-26-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
David,
What board did you get ? Are you still riding this winter ?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-26-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
Clay - I got the 04 CWB Pure 141. It looks pretty nice. I wanted to step up to a 3 stage board and see how it feels - my gf got a great deal on it so I didn't bother demo-ing it.

Still riding - planning on all winter (if you can call it that-haha). There are a couple groups I know who ride weekdays and weekends in Jan and Feb, and I bought a couple of wetsuits to survive the chill. I gotta hone the skills for April - heading to Murray's camp for a week.

Are you still riding? How's East lake these days? Give me a call if you all need some ballast...lol.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-27-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Any two part epoxy, which includes the grey colored JB Weld, will do the job.