Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
First I'd like to say if she reads this I'm doin exactly what it looks like,ranting about bed ur attitude to my fellow wakeboarders on how to cope with this and not call you horrible names.

So does anyone have advice on the age old ? Of how to deal with a gf that gets horrible pms and is a straight up bit#* and doesn't even know it. Even tho I've told her. Trust me I tell her what's on my mind so communication is not an isse on my part. Here's my delima she use to be quiet and keep to herself during this one WEEk a month now after a year all I get is horrible attitude n emotions.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-28-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
According to MANswers... Have sex.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Alcohol...
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Google PMDD, then go sit down and talk to your girl.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Build her a nice menstrual hut?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-28-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
^^^NOOOOOOOOO. My wife is borderline psychotic when she drinks to much during a bad PMS sesh! True story, she's drunk on her period, I'm driving. she first turns on some random country station and starts belting out the song ( she makes no sense as she doesnt' knwo the words and sounds like a dying cat)she never lsitens to country music???. then tells me to turn off the headlights b/c it's too bright in the car ( it's 2am)??? wtf. to top it off she wakes up naked telling me she's going to chop down a cherry tree??? lol.

she now takes vitamin b6 supplements which actually seem to help. I also try and keep her away from any stressfull situations during that time.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
Google PMDD, then go sit down and talk to your girl.

BAHAHAHA...

Then when that does nothing you can always go back to the alcohol...
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-28-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
i'm coming up on my 19th anniversary next week....
all i can say is for 1 week of every month, i get a LOT of isht done in my garage....

just kidding.

but for real, our experience has been that it's been better and/or worse depending on her BC prescription. Has your GF recently changed prescriptions/brands/strength etc (assuming she's on BC of course).
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-28-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
^^^See I only get 1 week out of the month where she is normal. You have PMS, then the cycle and finally what i like to call post PMS. I was told yesterday morning that me just being in the room was irritating her.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-28-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
"Can't live with em, can't shoot em." -My Father

I think Manzo meant that we (guys) should drink the alcohol. And I agree with this point. Just don't go out and drink and then come home drunk, that just gives women more fuel for the fire.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-28-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
I think Manzo meant that we (guys) should drink the alcohol. And I agree with this point. Just don't go out and drink and then come home drunk, that just gives women more fuel for the fire.

ding ding ding ding ding.

Why do you think i built a bar in my basement
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-28-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
After four years this is what works for my situation:

- Don't piss her off if you can help it. Sometimes it isn't good to speak your mind during this time of the cycle. I know you don't want to lie to her, but don't tell her something true that she probably doesn't want to hear and get B!tch slapped for it.

- One word, Chocolate.

- If she wants you to go get her some products then don't fret about it just go and stay out of the wrath. You can use it as leverage for her to pick you up beer once the demons are gone.

- Sex is you guys' choice. Females sometimes have a stronger urge during this time, but many won't say it because they think it would be gross. Hell hop in the shower if that is what she wants.

- This doesn't work for everyone because some couples thrive on arguing but just make an agreement to not hold a grudge. My friends stay made at their significant others for days. We on the other hand stay mad for about 5 minutes then it is times up. Literally, it is a rule with us. Get it out, talk about it, forget about it. Life can be short, I know that first hand. If you can't stop and at least make try to make the person you are with happy then it is time to find someone else that you actually care about. I know it sounds cliché, but I'm not saying we don't argue. I'm saying I refuse to stay pissed off and even if she is bleeding out of her ears or her crotch it is no excuse to stay pissed off at one another.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-28-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
I plan my Travel schedule around this week every month. Its great !!!!
Although my kids call me saying "mom is on one"
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-28-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
You guys do know that PMS happens before a woman's period.. not during.. right?

:-)
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
1. Know her schedule. Keep a timer or something to remind you when its coming
2. During this time period remember her head is capable of doing a 360 in a split second
3. Don't tempt fate, carefully think about what you are about to say before you say it
4. Knowing that it is that "time" don't swing at curve balls. If there is a hint of a statement that could be an argument starter, push your ignore button and move on

Funny Thread, thanks
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-28-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
I agree with Craig. Just roll with it. I know that it's difficult, but that's just the way it is.

God is getting me back for my younger years....and has blessed me with 2 daughters (no sons). I guess sometimes you just have to take your lumps...

Robert, Happy Anniversary

V-Day is our 19th too
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
I resort to strip clubs and alcohol abuse. Plus, happy hour with the boys usually helps.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-28-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Dont you have a garage or man cave?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-28-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
My mom use to get it reaaaal bad, and she got some pill she takes at that time of the month, makes her into an angel....
my fiance' on the other hand has no signs of period time, which is awesome...

I would look into the pills for her, and do some ass kissing, that may calm her down
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-28-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Nick , key word is fiance'. I dated my wife for about 4 years, married now for right at 3. She didnt' really start being crazy till about a year after we got married.

My wife's used to get so bad, my friends knew my wifes cycle, lol.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Find the right BC. If she's not on it, it'll help, and if she is, finding the right one won't help today, but will drastically help in the future.

My GF switched, unbeknownst to me, started getting edgy and whatnot, switched back and all is good
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-28-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Thank you Cliff, and Happy Anniversary to you too!!!
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-28-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
Reading the responses from you guys cracks me up.
Keep them coming. Very entertaining. By the way I feel for you guys. The worst is yet to come as she ages. Good luck.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-28-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Theres an APP for this on the iPhone...several of them actually.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
LMFAO x 10 !!! Thanks guys! So here's what I've learned and my plan..
Give her vitamins,new birth control,chocolate and alcohol. Lock my gun-safe and change the combo, plant a cherry tree so she can try and cut it down at 1 am naked, tint my car windows because it may be too bright at 2am, and lie to make her happy via text as I hide in my man cave with strippers and my own alcohol. Ill start tonight than again hahaha
KP
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-28-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
KP, now you have me really laughing. By the way, Derek was just here and I asked him if he knew your girlfriend. He said he does't remember meeting her. So I guess I'll ask Brandon Because, after your first post,I feel as though I Know her well. I hope she is not having such a bad week that she gives you Cr@p about going to the Supercross this Sat. Brandon is looking forward to it. My husband and Derek are going as well. They have VIP tickets and well be having lunch in the Suzuki Pit. I feel so left out.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-28-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
KP, Wakeworld "Thread of the year" so far... your last post, with the summary of what you've learned so far... LMFAO!!!
Old     (xmarksthespot)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Love u KP.....must sacrifice or become single my friend haha. That's it!!! See you at SX!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-28-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Slap her! haha nah I'm just kidding.

I have no idea how to deal with that. My wife doesn't change at all. I usually don't find out until I try to put the moves on and she says.....NOPE
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-28-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
I just tell my wife she is a being B, and then I turn everything around on her like it's her bad.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-28-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
+1 for Riley.

Can never go wrong by blaming it all on her.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-28-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
my wife keeps her pills in a cabinet in the kitchen... when we get in an argument i'll go over and look at what section of pills she's on and i'll make it obvious and then i'll look at her w/out saying anything and make a "ah ha" face.

she HATES when i do that....
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Kellen - you mentioned you have great communication and tell her whats on your mind - BIG mistake. They may tell you that they want to hear what's on your mind, but that is not the case. They want you to tell them how nice their butt looks in those pants.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-28-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
I got my wife,AND two teenaged daughters.
It would ne okay if it all happened the same week but NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm an expert at being gone.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-28-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
I simply call my wife on it if she acts out.

Just because they're going through some hormonal changes doesn't afford them with an excuse to mistreat their spouse. This is something that happens every month and women aren't nearly as week or vulnerable as some would have you believe. I doubt she flips out and mistreats her co-workers so why can't she show you the same respect? Place the shoe on the other foot and do you think men would be provided the same leniency?

My wife and I have had this agreement from the beginning of our twenty plus year relationship and it's never really been an issue. I respect her when she's emotional and she respects herself enough not to unload on me.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
After almost 8 years of marriage it looks like I am about to be PMS free!

No, I'm not getting a divorce. My wife had her yearly exam and a tumor was discovered on her uterus. She had to have a full hysterectomy last week. We're finished having kids, so she was actually pretty excited about the whole thing. No more monthly visitor... hopefully this will mean no more PMS as well
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
I asked my husband if there is a noticeable change in my personality during PMS and he said no. I guess that either means he got lucky.. or I'm just a bitch ALL the time.
Old    swass            01-29-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Or, he's been married long enough to know better.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-29-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Or...
Your husband read this thread.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-29-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
You know they can track PMS all the back to Biblical times.

How do they know you ask??

Because Mary rode Joseph's A$$ all the way into Bethlehem.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
Swass - True story, right there.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-29-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
"and doesn't even know it. Even tho I've told her."
WHAT don't Ever tell her, are you crazy. I can't believe that your alive to post this.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-29-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Momma BG,
Brando is meeting up with me in the am and were gunna take bart to SX to meet up with the boys! My gf came up to the houseboat w us once she's supert cool and fun! And she's comin with us to SX :-)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Super cool... when she's not being a crazy b****!

Much respect for coming on here and getting some good advice. It was both bold and dangerous. Cliff seems to have it taken care of. It's funny how logic goes right out the window in the middle of an "episode". Gentlemen, good luck to you all.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
KP, If you brought her up to the houseboat I have probably already met her. Heck, I can't keep tract of who belongs with who. I'm glad she is going with you guys to SX. She must be pretty cool. The whole PMS thing must not be too bad or you probably wouldn't be going. Have fun tomorrow night, and well see you up here when the weather gets better.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
"My wife had her yearly exam and a tumor was discovered on her uterus. She had to have a full hysterectomy last week. We're finished having kids, so she was actually pretty excited about the whole thing. No more monthly visitor... hopefully this will mean no more PMS as well"

Richard, Don't get too excited. If she had a complete hysterectomy they took out her ovaries too. If she does't take her estorgen pills, it will be like PMS all the time. If they were able to save the ovaries then no problem, and you can go back to being excited.
I am assuming it was a fibroid tumor with nothing to worry about.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-29-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Been married 27 years, and my wife is coming up on the big five-o. Looking forward to menopause!

...or is that worse than PMS?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-29-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
No, they left the ovaries and tubes, so I guess it wasn't a complete one. They only took her uterus and cervix. Yes, the tumor was fibroid.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Chris, Just like PMS, menopause will effect each women differently. I have read that actually 50% of women never have symptoms. Hopefully your wife will be among that 50%. My guess would be, if PMS wasn't that bad for her than menopause might not be either. But if she had a difficult time it can be worse than PMS, because it won't just be a monthly thing. Symptoms include hot flashes, sleep disturbances, feeling of sadness, increase of abdominal fat, thining hair, loss of breast fullness, and a few more that I'm not comfortable posting. Sorry I hope I didn't ruin your evening with this info.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Richard. You can go back to being excited!!!
I had the same procedure in 01 because of 15 fibroid tumors. Only problem I experienced was I had to have a blood transfusion. Never had to take any hormonal meds.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-29-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Richard, Forgot to mention that since she still has her ovaries she will still go through menopause. Maybe she will also be in that 50% that doesn't experience symptoms. I'm 53 and so far so good. My husband may tell a different story though.

I know I already mentioned that I have found this thread entertaining. I have enjoyed reading the advice you guys have given each other. To me it shows how much you care for your wives or GF's. But to be perfectly honest, We women don't really know what we want when we are emotional either. So don't think you will find the right answers. I just hope your wives appreciate the fact that you try. Good luck guys and just hang in there she will love you for it.