Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-28-2011, 5:12 AM Reply   
I need some advice. For the last four years I have used Liquid Force Shane bindings. I got a new pair of 2011 Murrays a few days ago. I tried them out for the first time yesterday and honestly hated them. My issue with them was that they were incredibly stiff...especially around my lower legs. I had difficulty landing some of my most consistent tricks - very frustrating. My question for those of you who have been riding these bindings for longer than I - do they become more flexible? My brother has an older pair of Murrays from before Hyperlite went to the system and they are as flexible as my Shanes. The few times I rode his bindings I loved them and that's why I went for a new pair of Murrays instead of sticking with the Shanes. I could return them - not sure if I should give them a chance or not? thanks
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       07-28-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Go with the Kobalt or Jimmy's new boot. They have the most flex while the Murray is in the middle.
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2011, 11:05 PM Reply   
Luke,
Do me a favor, loosen up the laces. The old habit of cranking your laces tight isn't needed anymore, I'm riding Rusty's boot, but I hardly tighten the upper zone. The bindings does all the work. Give that a shot, loose boot, snug binding! You can also heat mold your boot with a hair dryer to dial it in.
-GN
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2011, 11:28 PM Reply   
Yes do what Gregg said. I'm rockin the Mareks and I get my lower zone nice and snug and then just barely tighten my tops. They're supposed to be the stiffest on the line up(Mareks) but the way I just said to ride them makes me able to poke and tweak grabs and steaze out presses on rails with ease.
Not to mention the achilles cupping inside is nothing short of awesome