Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-08-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
looking to take a trip to Don Pedro for a week or so this summer with the family,Boat and RV. Looking for a good family campground close to the water and good places to Board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-08-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
Close to the water would be Flemming Meadow. I prefer Moccasin Point, but the campgrounds are barely walking distance to the water.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
Look at Mocchosin Point. During the summer, you will want all the shade you can find, and there's probably more shade at Mocchosin than at Flemming or Blue Oaks. Nice clean bathrooms and showers as well. The only draw back is that there aren't any water front sites there. I'm not sure about Blue Oaks or Flemming Meadows. Check out this site: http://www.donpedrolake.com/ Have fun!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-08-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Fleming Meadows sites A20-A44 are pretty much right on the water, and they all have decent spots to put up a tent. There aren't any hook ups in the A section though. You'll need to find a site in the H-section if you want power, water, and sewage. Most of the sites in the H-Section aren't on the water though. I've camped at all of the campgrounds at Lake Don Pedro, and my personal preference is the Fleming Meadows A-Section.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-08-2007, 4:14 PM Reply   
Moccasin Point sites 10 and 11 If you look on the map they are drive throughs. So you can pull you boat out and have it at your campsite. Or RV. There is shade, but not a whole lot.

Flemming Meadow has the swimming Recreation area that is kinda cool, but the campsite are stacked on top of eachother.

Moccasin Point has the better water. There is a lot of fingers on that side of the lake.

Hope this helped.