Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-07-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
I just read on Bloomberg.com that in order to pay for the new health care program, payroll taxes will be raised on Medicare. Therefore, the working class will once again carry the tax burden. Does anyone find it a little ironic that the people pushing this reform will more than likely end up paying little or no tax? I'm never voting for a Democrat again.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-07-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
thats the way the cookie crumbles ron. whats funny is the tax is implemented right away and the health care will kick in to 3 to 5 years from know. smoke and mirrors man smoke and mirrors.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2010, 4:44 AM Reply   
I have already said this before:
the new health system should have 2 levels,
one, for those people that work, this will give good health care like it is now for the people that have it.
two, this system is for the people that don't have jobs, and are not motivated, it would be similar to the free clinics(actually it is a free clinic) long lines( they have the time to wait in line anyway) and mediocre care.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-08-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
I encourage those of you who oppose this to email your senators and let them know how you feel. At least that way they'll know they've lost some votes.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-08-2010, 6:23 AM Reply   
Oh, good idea, Joe.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-08-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
So as a small business owner who pays for my own health insurance as well as my employees health insurance what's in it for me. Will my rates be lower or will I just be paying higher taxes for all the freeloaders.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-08-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
It's strange but the article was pulled as fast as it was posted, but the way I understand it, the 5% charge on millionaires would be dropped and the extra taxes would now be paid by the employer (you) and the insurance companies. It's sad to say but I think we'll be paying higher taxes for freeloaders and lessened health care. This is just one reason why it's so important to contact your senator.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Obama wants to push these changes and then quash any media that speaks out against it

that alone makes me wonder why any educated person would ever back this guy.....truly scary stuff

small businesses will suffer, taxes will increase, and people will stop drinking the cool-aide only after it is proven that it is laced with arsenic