Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2007, 4:49 AM Reply   
Well, since yesterday morning I have been looking for an alarm for my boat. Shaun called me from the camp and told me that someone came in from the lake hopped in the boat hanging in the lift, and took all the speakers and amps, and destroyed the ignition. I'm assuming they did that so we couldn't chase them if we saw them pulling away. They also took a couple of ropes and handles, as well as 7 full gas cans.

It's pretty crazy because they did a great job. They didn't rip anything out, they took everything out nicely, and even disconnected all the wires instead of cutting them. They must have been down there for several hours. They basically did a complete un-install. The amazing thing is that there were 5 guys staying in our house, and our next door neighbor is a sherriff, and they never saw anything. The cops came out and fingerprinted everything, so hopefully we will get something.

If you here anything about someone trying to unload about bunch of JL audio let a brotha know.

I have looked a bit online and found either alarms for big boats, or if you use a snap cover. But, I only cover the boat if I am going to be gone for few days. Would a regular car alarm work? We are going to install motion lights, and are looking into a video surveillance system, but I wanted something in the boat as well.

Any help is appreciated!