Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-22-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
A few people have posted inquiries in the past wanting more power from their boats. PleasureCraft states that 50 HP can be gained by installing the GT-40 heads on non-GT-40 351s. I believe these heads also work on 302s.

The post below came from correctcraftfan:

Attention Members:

PCM now has new Ford 302, 351, 351 HO base and complete engines now available through your local dealer. These are brand new Ford Marine OEM engines ready for instalation in your boat. We also have GT-40 HO cylinder heads the will boost your standard 351's horsepower by 50+ horses!

Also Available are new Holley 4 bbl. carburetors for 302, and 351 engines for unheard of prices.

For all your Ford Marine needs see your local Correct Craft/PCM dealer and insist on genuine PCM Ford parts. If you have questions or would like a referral to your nearest dealer, please e-mail me.

Jim Miller
PCM
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-22-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
are you having trouble comming out of the hole?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-22-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
If your problem is hole shot then changing the heads might not help matters at all. If they result in an increase in compression then you would pick up more bottom end, but it might also require you to run higher octane gasoline.

If the difference is just in how well the heads breath then the HP increase will be at the top end, not the bottom end. The boost will help you go faster but won't really be noticable getting out of the hole.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-22-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
i bet a prop change would be more noticable
Old    yearling            09-22-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
How expensive is it? Id take 50 horses any time, because were getting a rebuild anyways. Ive never had any trouble gettin on plain, but when I start loadin it down more then I might have some trouble. Im pretty sure I have a stock prop on my boat. If I changed to a wakeboarding prop, I heard that you cant open it up to full throttle at high speeds without damaging your engine. Is that true?}
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-22-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
2p That would depend on the prop. But for most aggressive wakeboard props that is true. Just have to keep an eye on your rpm guage.