Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Hi, I bought these bindings new and used them for about a month. They are obviously quite a bit looser now.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix them? Type of glue?
???
Upload
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-17-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
the exact same thing happened to mine.. i tried different types of epoxy, but really didnt have too much luck with glue... eventually I pulled the screws out and went through the leather and rubber back into the screw holes... that held up, but when i got a chance i took them back to texas mastercraft and they sent them back and got me a new pair because they had a 1 year warranty
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
I might give that a try.
I picked up some epoxy was trying to pull down the material (not so easy) but doable. But then, I couldn't clamp it down. I guess screwing them would be good.
I might try to sandwich them with plastic. So, plastic plate, leather, epoxy, metal plate.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
I put my MacGuyver skills to work.

Upload

I'm hoping to ride them tomorrow to see how they work. I hope they hold me down.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-17-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
i would have sent em back. no warranty now.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
I bought them on ebay...
Our local shop didn't carry them and I wanted the 3ds.
1 year warranty??? Could I have sent them to Hyperlite? WHAT!?
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-17-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
i would have. hyperlite will look after thier customers
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-18-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
Yeah dude, i owned the 06 3DS boots, and my buddy bought a pair shortly after i bought mine. We rode them for a season and both noticed that same spot had lifted up ALOT almost exactly like yours did. He sold me his for 50 bucks so i slapped em on my ROAM and they do just fine, i sent mine back to Hyperlite and they sent me a pair of 07's. They completely fixed that problem for 07 and 08. I've seen that on just about ALL the 06 boots. Hyperlite customer service is really great. I talked to Kat i think... their customer service manager, she was really great about helpin me out.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-18-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
send em back, hyperlite has a LIFETIME warranty!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
I just got back from a set and they are a big improvement. I still plan on calling HL to see what they say but, they're def. rideable.