Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Just picked one of these bad boys up and looking to get some performance out of it. My Main concern is gas milage. I am running 35" tires on it now but sooner or later will be looking at 38's on 18" rims. Anyways. Wondering what chip system works best, exhaust, intake, any other ideas you think work best and what your truck runs or gets with that stuff on there. Any help would be great thanks guys.
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Also, is there anyway way to soften up the suspension with the solid front alxe or is that just how it goes on the fords?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Dude...Congrats on the new ride! Try these guys, they are some local friends of ours. www.rpmoffroad.com
Old     (turnquist)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-25-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
If one of your main concerns is gas mileage, I would look into a set of gears, especially if running 38's. Performance wise, I would defiently do exhaust, diesels run so much better with them.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-26-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Get rid of the 02 and buy an 04...ha ha ha...
just messing...
gears would be the best bet to begin with.
not sure how much softer the suspension will get
with the solid front axle set up
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-27-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Have lighter springs made for it, than bag it. that way you have the best of both worlds, soft ride and you can fill the bags & carry weight
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-27-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Check here for some good advice http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/

Get yourself a full set of gauges before you start any modding to the motor or drivetrain. I've heard a lot of good things about the MBRP turbo back exhaust and the SCT Xcal2 seems to be the preferred tuner. There are some very reputable places that make excellent custom tunes that are tailored to what you want. They can e-mail them to you so you can upload them to the Xcal.