Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-28-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
OK, so I'll have one full day to get in some wakeboarding lessons while in Orlando in a few weeks. Where should I go to get the most (BEST) coaching for that one day. I know it's not much time, but I figure I could pick up some good pointers and maybe a new trick or two.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Briscoe
Boarding School
Will Christiend
are they best I've been around
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-28-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
I would highly recommend Adam Fields. Excellent teacher and all around nice guy. No attitude.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-29-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
If you only have one day, go see COBE and Tarah at owc for a boat session then ride the cable till your arms fall off!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
A lot of it depends on where you're staying, and if you have transportation, need to rent boards, etc.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-29-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
I would say Adam Fields because I know you will have a blast and he is a great coach.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-29-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
If you are off season and this will be your first ride in a while I wouldn't expect to ride for more than an hour or so before your arms are dead. Just something to keep in mind when you get out there.
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-29-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
+10000000000000000 for Cobe & Tarah at OWC, absolutely brilliant. I met Hahn there in Aug 08 (& kicked his ass at ping pong at Cobe's house!) with 4 of us having an absolute blast for a week. Outstanding tuition from a former World champ, patience, care, detail & enthusiasm, in the BEST place to wakeboard.

Cobe took a brand new (2009) Clutch and some new bindings out of their cellophane wrappers, and did this- then when we went in he said "I don't like these bindings much!!!":
Attached Images

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-29-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
We've been riding a good bit already. I would say at least a dozen times and will probably ride that much more before going. So stamina shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm just looking for the best instruction I can get for one day. I'll be staying fairly close to OWC, so anything within a 30 minute drive would be fine. I would like to shore up any faults and come away with as much new stuff as possible.
Old     (nmcjr)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-29-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
I would suggest The Wakeboard Camp in Clermont. This is where Kyle Schmidt is the head coach (the Book DVD, Learnwake.com etc) I will be going for my second time in April, its a great time and the instruction is excellent.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-29-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
I just spent a week riding at OWC with Tarah, Cobe, and Jon. And learned three new inverts, plus so many small things that have been huge for my progression. I had a great time there and will deffinately be going back. Really though, all of the camps are great. You cant go wrong with any of them.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-30-2010, 11:52 PM Reply   
Sean O'Brien man! www.orlandowake.com