Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (justinwakes29)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
I was looking to get a new Company Wakeboard... just didn't know which one was the right one for me... I keep breaking boards and I had a friend that rode a Company Wakeboard that said "I haven't broke it yet!" So I want to try it out... It gets expensive buying boards...But I am 210 pounds and my height is 5'9...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
i have not ridden company, but i do ride slingshot which is in some ways similar. i would suggest something 140 cm or above and whatever rocker pattern suits your style. sorry i don't have more to say
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
143 Recruit for a continuous rocker or a 142 Severance for a 3-stage.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
I'm just about the same height and weight. I'm riding the 2009 Severance 142. It's a super fun board to ride. Buttering the tips in the flats is easy and a lot of fun. I'd like to try the Vandall 144 for the extra length and it's supposed to be quick, something like the Lyman. I'd like to see how much flex is in it.
Anyone ride it?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-09-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
I ride the 138 severance (5-9, 165) and have taken it to hell and back. It is a very tough ride. I came up short on a transition once and was sure that I bashed-in the rail. It barely picked up a scratch.

Note that this board rides very well off the wake and does not have the dumpy feel off the wake like most flex boards. It is very stiff between the feet, but loves to bend and butter on the tips.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-09-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
Check out boardstop.com I got a sick deal on an 09 severance. Something like $230 or so plus free shipping. Haven't tried it out though cos I'm doing exams right now but come july.....