Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-10-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Well after 2+ years of debating and changing my mind, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2006 MC X2. It's amazing how much more room this boat has in it then my 2002 XStar (X1). There is so much space in this boat, although the smaller rear storage is somewhat of a pain.

I've had this color scheme in my mind for a while and I have to say in person it looks just like I thought it would. The only downside so far with all the black is that I'm going to have to buy stock in vinegar companies so I can keep all the water spots off it. Kind of a pain but worth it.

After reading through a lot of threads on this board regarding the wake on this boat, I've had several chances to weight it down. My impression of the wake is that no matter how much weight is added it does not get a big size-wise as my 02. From the boat, and even on a board it looks small. When actually hitting the wake with a proper cut however I found it to have excellent pop. It took 3-4 sets before I got used to the width of it and having to wait a count longer then on mine, but the more I hit it the more I like it. It is a very user-friendly wake with great pop.

We ran the stock ballast - 950# plus 400# on each side of the motor and 600# in the walkway. With 5 guys in the boat I couldn't get it to plane despite the MCX. I ended up draining the rear tanks 3/4 of the way and the wake was very crisp and hard. Speaking with Zane Schwenk last Friday, the boat really needs the 14x14.7 prop instead of the 13x17 it came with.

Anyways.......have to thank Jimmy Harville and Todd Nicol at Texas Mastercraft for all the patience they have had with me in this process. Also BIG props to Craig at Grand Prairie Audio for the tint and install on the boat. It's seriously loud.

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload