Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-25-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
I was out on the water last weekend and I'm done with the windshield-mounted CIPA mirror on my MC X5.
Where is the best place to pick up a mirror arm?
Also, do I need a "articulating" or will a fixed one work?

Thanks!
David
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Hey David,

I've got an X-5 also (2000 MC X-5) and I'm with you...I've had it with my windshield-mounted mirror. Its a total pain and it looks like crap compared to the tower mirror arm. The local MC dealership wants about $200 for the arm (you can use your existing mirror) which is pretty darn steep. The only others I've seen are on Wakeside.com and Monstertower.com...they are decent, but obviously do not look as good as the MC factory one. But they are much cheaper. I'm holding out for the MC factory one...saving my pennies and will break down eventually and get it.

My advice would be to go with the factory MC one...it looks really sweet and even though the others are about $50 cheaper, I think its worth the money.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-25-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what the factory MC arm looks like, but I found two that look pretty good at $129...

The Boss articulating:
http://www.boardco.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1323&cat=Tower+Mirrors

...and the Skylon fixed:
http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_120&products_id=911

It would seem to me that you wouldn't need an articulating arm...?
Also, anyone know of a good deal on either of these?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
I have the Skylon, and it is rock-solid.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-25-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
BTW, Andrew - mymastercraft.com has the one you were looking at for less than $200.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
David,

Wow...thanks a ton for the great link. These MC parts look affordable for once. The dealers here in Atlanta want ridiculous prices for all MC parts. I think I'm going to get my parts from here from now on. Thanks a bunch for the tip.

Andrew
Old     (calabria_man)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
check out Lightning accessories. They make a very nice mirror arm. www.lightningaccessories.com
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Samson has my favorite tower arm mirror by far. They are a little steep but they are awesome. They even have good after support sale. When I got a new boat/tower they sent me out a new mount and took my old one back at no cost. Great company and the product looks sweet!
http://www.samsonsports.com/mirrors.html
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-25-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
My boat lives outside so it gets the removable mirror mount from Monstertower. Works great, have the removable racks too. Made my own disconnect brackets for the speakers.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-26-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
Andrew - you're welcome! Thanks for the information, fellas. Good point Mike, but security is not an issue ::knocks on wood:: lol.

I'm guessing I don't have to have an "articulating" arm.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-26-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Check it out... Call Brian (760)489-4404 at MAKO-Ind.com and tell him Jamie sent you.

image/x-jg
mirror.art (8.9 k)
Old    ag4ever            04-26-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
What size is the mount for the mastercraft mount?

I would love to put that mount on my nautique, but MC has a number of different tower tube sizes.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
I bought the Boss arm last year and really didn't car for it. I could never get the right tension where the 2 pieces meet to stay where I wanted them. I ended buying the CIPA Extreme mirror and really like this one. I have heard great things about Monster's and Samson though.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-26-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Here is the mirror I got for my SAN. I like it but you might want to make sure the clearance is there if you collapse your tower. The mirror comes within a centimeter of my garage header when backing in. BTW, mine is from airboom and you can buy them w/o the mirror and just use your existing.

tower mirror
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_120&products_id=979
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the leads. I ended up getting a Skylon fixed. I liked the look of it and the price.
Thanks again.
David
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, Robert...the Zero Flex tower that you see on most MC's after the year 2000 (excluding the newer X-Star) has a 1 7/8 inch diameter.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-27-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
I just got a Monster bracket today. It's really nice, and very sturdy. We should be getting out on the water tomarrow, so I'll let you all know how it works.
Old    ag4ever            04-29-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
Thanks David, that is the size of the FCT.
Old    wissota            04-30-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
Sampson looks to be the most adjustable. It has a extra swivel you can adjust. I have one & it is very nice, no vibration & adjusts perfect. I would reccomend the Extreme mirror that is available with it.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-30-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Just got the monster mirror arm from my local dealer (tommys). Got a great deal. I like the monster one because it has a quick release and you can take the arm off in a matter of seconds.