Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-08-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
2006 Sanger V-215 is powered by a Mercruiser Black Scorpion 330 HP engine and comes complete with front ballast, dual rear ballast tanks, bimini top, depth finder, perfect pass, pull-out cleats, stainless steel package, billet package, tower, cover and sony am/fm stereo w/4 speakers. Tandem axle matching trailer w/surge brakes.

Boat has 30 dealer demo hours, never titled, currently asking $47,999. plus TTL, what is a fair offer for this rig???

Would 39.5K walk out be a fair offer? Lets hear from all the Sanger Crew out there.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-08-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Come on someone knows what a good fair win-win number is. So what is it?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Ok I think that's a good price. I'd look and see what used 06's are going for and price accordingly. Your warranty will start when you buy the boat though which is good.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-08-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
Okay I checked boat trader out and 2007 new and demo boats are going from 38.5-48.5K so I'm even less certain on a good deal??

Where's all the Sanger guys to hook me up with advice?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-08-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Yeah, the warranty is the difference between that and a used boat. Under $40k.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
So only 2 guys with advice on a price? I need to be confident when I walk in. I have a trade and he has already told me his number on trade over the phone, and it's really just a payoff, maybe a grand more (I'm sure if I sit down at the table ready to do the deal there would be just a little wiggle room).

1 of the only reason I want to do this deal is because loan rates are a point lower and I hear Sanger is a better boat in the chop than what I'm running now and the lake I live on is always choppy.

Help a bro out!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-09-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
To be honest with you going in there with a trade in is an advantage for him. I'd offer him 10K less and go from there. If he can't come down as far as you want to go try to get him to throw in some freebies for the boat.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-09-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
I agree with nu bu maybe start at 37.5K and go from there. What is the difference in your old boat and the new one that you want. seems like they are pretty much the same boat. I thought supreme and sanger had the same hulls? maybe I'm mistaken
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Supreme and Sanger are much different boats and hulls. I've had my D215 out for fun in some big storms. It was very good.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
I like the freeboard of my Supreme, but everyone tells me that the Sanger handles the big water chop so much better. I'm tired of getting beat up and going 15mph for 30 minutes to get to a place where we can board.
Plus I just get the impression the Sanger is a more solid boat.

Let's hear some more feedback on price and purchasing tactics.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-09-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
Here is the link to the boat I'm talking about, let's hear some numbers please.

Thanks-Wellman

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-SANGER-BOAT-V-215-90804962
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Their about 5g high i'd say. However if they are over allowing on the trade and giving you more than it's actual cash value then you're getting your deal there. Having a trade doesn't mean that it's a sweeter deal for the dealer. More often than not it makes deals tougher. Ultimately you just need to be happy with the deal you walk out with.

Yes, Sanger's do handle extremely well in the chop. I have been on an extremely large lake here in our state with nothing but 2-3 foot white caps in mine. I had to drive back about 15 miles and it was rough but she made it like a champ.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Hate-You think 43K walkout and 32K for my boat (see profile & wakesiderides)that has 45 hours on it is a good deal?

I'm losing my ass to make that deal. I just can't justify more than 40K walkout on the Sanger and 32.5K on my trade. Any dealers want to chime in?

Am I being unreasonable?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
The price OTD on the Sanger would be great in my estimation with all the equipment you listed it's roughly what I paid but I'm tax exempt. I'd look for an 8 to 10K difference figure. Your tax wont be to much and maybe see if you can get him to throw in some tower speakers hung and wired and you can take care of the amp.

You're gonna love the Sanger man the ride and fit and finish is nice plus you'll pick up more storage. I've never been behind a Supreme but the wake behind the Sanger is awesome. I run 2500lbs in her that allows her to throw a sick wakeboad and wakesurf wake.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-10-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Hate, thanks for the advise, I guess we need to sit down and talk seriously, I just hate going back and forth.
I want to walk in with a solid offer, he has my boat right now for warranty service and it would be easy just to drive off with the Sanger, but I'm only willing to go an extra $40-50 a month on a payment.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
No sweat man. Just let him know where your at (be a little low) and say if it pencils it pencils if not I love my boat too. He'll wanna work hard to earn your business on a 2 year old boat. Good luck let us know how it turns out.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
$29000.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-11-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Hamkj,

$29K for my boat? Is that what you are saying he would offer in trade? He has offered more than that just in casual conversation over the phone.
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
i PAID $45000 OUT THE DOOR FOR A 2005 THE SAME BOAT MISSUS THE BILLET PACKAGE. BUT THAT WAS BACK IN 2005. AS FOR CHOP V215 HANDLES IT GREAT, I LOVE IT i HAVE A FAMILY OF 7 MORE THEN ENOUGH ROOM FOR THEM AND MORE. PLUS IT GOES FROM SURFING TO SKIING TO TUBEING. DOES IT ALL AND FEELS AS SOLID AS THE DAY i BOUGHT IT.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-11-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Dylan,

Was yours a demo or brand new? What % off should I get for a 2 year old demo? With all the Sanger guys on WW I can't believe I haven't got more input.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-11-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
you should get 10% off. Awesome boat!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
2 years old or not he's still in the boat a certain amount and he's gonna need to get that out of it plus a little profit. Wellman, we cant tell you what he will do. All we can tell you is what we paid and what we believe is a legit deal. You need to sit down put it all on paper with them and see if it pencils. What if I told you that I paid 33k for my boat some how some way. Would you then think the only good deal is 33k? A good deal is one you are happy with. The deal that makes you smile when you leave and when you write the check each month. Look at Dylan he paid more in 05 with less equipment and these boats have gone up in price each year. Go in and sit down with the guy I promise he'll be glad to unload an 06 in the middle of the winter and you'll see that ring true in the deal you get.
Old     (strimble)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Your best bet as far as an offer goes is what you said earlier.

Tell them that you would love to buy that boat and trade in yours but can't afford more than ~$40 more per month. If they can make it happen you take it home today.
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-12-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
wellman,
that was new from a pleasanton boat show back in 05. From what I've seen on WW and papers V215 is close to 50 with all those options. It goes liike this If you feel good about the deal and the dealer is going give you great service. I know you will not be unhappy about or with the boat.
like Hate n Pain said I bought mine 3 yrs ago. If you could walk out the door tax and everything below 45 I think your doing good. But that is me.30 hours is break in for motor ok 20 is
Old     (jroll)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-12-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
Wellman,
I paid 42 out the door on the exact same boat last summer. I love mine and have had no problems with it. knock on wood. When I bought mine the dealer had used it to go on a family vacation and it had 13hrs. on it when i bought it. It handles the chop like a champ, you just have to be careful about idling into other boats wake because water will come over the bow. You just have to take the wake on with a little speed. I think if you can get around 42, you will have a heck of deal. I think i got a pretty sweet deal on mine.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Also remember that you are forming a relationship with the dealer, you need to find a win-win situation for both of you. 40-42k is outstanding value for that boat.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
i think you should be able to walk in there and work it out for 500 bucks over invoice. That would be the best bet. To ask them to sell it for less than they paid for it isnt easy. I have a 06 v210 i paid 500 over the invoice. Thats a pretty standard deal at that dealership. just my 2cents
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Soli,

I agree $500 over invoice and the ability for him to make another 1-2K on my boat would be a win for both parties, but what is $500 over invoice??? What about the fact it is a demo and is 2 years old? Does that count for anything?

I just need to sit down and see if we can get to a win-win situation, I really respect the owner but I have a budget too.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
If you respect him so much go talk to him, you won't make the deal here on WW. Find out where he really is on that boat, obviously he doesn't expect to get what he's asking on that boat.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-12-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Nu Bu,

Soon as they finish the warranty work on mine I plan on sitting down with the owner and see if we can work something out.
Worst case I leave with mine, best case I leave with a new Sanger and a hella smile on my face.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
Sweet good luck on the negotiations.
Old     (rickinsalinas)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-19-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
After all the tax and junk 39.5K would be a pretty good deal.. look around for 07's though, you may be able to get the exact same deal.. unused.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-19-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hey, I only read your first few posts but we got our 06 V215 in sept. 06 fully loaded with 9 demo hours for 48K out the door. So I def. think that your first offer is a fair one.

We had supreme before as well, and the sanger def. handles chop better.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-19-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Wellman

Seeing your from Huston I assume your working with Cliff and the guys and HWC. I got my sanger from them for $55k OTD last year and it read the exact same thing your getting (pictures at www.pyywhite.com/coppermine)

But even after that, I can't put a price on how good the service and staff is at HWC. Those guys jumped through massive hoops to help my wife get the boat (it was a suprise for me) and then after dealing with some minor warranty items. They got them all done with a minimal hassle to me and a definate 'customer first' attitude. Even though I live 3 hours away, they sent a mobile mechanic to my location (instead of having me tow the boat to them) to fix a problem in the throttle (very minor, a cable adjustment) and then perform the 50hr maintence.

And then to top it all off, I pulled the boat down to them to point out 2 small quater size dimples in the gell coat (which they are taking care of) Cliff gave me a free 30 minute private lesson on their lake while we waited.

I think the deal you getting sounds fair, especially when you consider the fact that you will be working with a great team for years to come.