Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    Lakewood, WA            08-24-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
We've had a great summer up here in the Seattle area, but the last ten days or so have sucked. The last four days they have said "cloudy in the AM, but beautiful in the PM". It hasn't happened. Yesterday was cloudy all day.

I should be thankful, we have measurable rain I think only once since mid June. But the clouds and 60 degree weather suck. I'm having a hard time getting motivated to go out, especially after a two months of 80 and 90 degree weather.

Some one kick me in the a$$ and get me going. I love wakeboarding. My family/friends think I'm addicted. But right now i am bumming over the weather.
Old    Lakewood, WA            08-24-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
i guess what is really bumming me is that we have had nice weather recently, it just happens to fall on the days i work. Yeah, Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous this past weekend. I work a 24 hour shift, and it seems it turns perfect on the days i'm gone all day.

Whaaaa!!!
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
John, I look forward to cloudy and slightly misty days where I ride. Clouds keep the weekend warriors off the Chain and I can ride all day instead of a couple hours. And clouds and rain in Seattle, aren't you used to that????
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-24-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
don't you just go with the thought of, "nobody else will be out there to bother us"?
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
You're a rider! Here's your motivation! You've been cast out by the wake society...no one likes you or your style and thinks you should just hang it up and move to Venice Beach and roller blade up and down the boardwalk and play a banjo! Forget all of your previous obligations.....your natural vengance wants you to go out and stomp 11 HS 360's in a row, then switch and throw 20 TS 5's...all in cloudy, rainy weather. When you're done, you stand in complete victory on the swim deck and raise your hands.......you're BACK in! Friends and family accept your addiction and are thankful it's not heroin! Forever a rider and never more thrown to the wolves of "other" sports!!!!! ACTION!

How's that?

(Message edited by foxrepdc on August 24, 2006)
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-24-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
I love the cloudy days here in Seattle! Especially when it does in fact mean that the lake will be nearly empty. Take advantage of it! If I had a tow vehicle right now I sure would be.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-24-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Just what Nick said! Cloudy mornings in Seattle means good water for the motivated. Keeps everyone else away.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-24-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
don't forget that there is no "wake glare" in cloudy weather. I hate that when one side of the wake blinds you when a morning or evening sun hits it at a weird angle. O.K., I'm reaching here. Just get out, ride and have fun!
Old    Lakewood, WA            08-24-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
thanks guys. Now i'm set. Most days i go out are empty anyway, since i don't go out on weekends. That's the bummer of it all; no sun recently on the weekdays.

But now I have a new perspective. No glare, no sheriff, no dweebs with tubes. I'm leaving in ten minutes. I've got an extra 400 pounds of ballast, so I'm set (bigger sack in the back).
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-24-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
I'm happy to hear you're going out...and now I'll be sitting at work with a thumb up my butt thinking about boarding all day. Thanks! Thanks a lot
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-24-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
Dude, I hear ya.. We've had the same crappy weather here in the bay area. The wind is what really gets me down. It's hard to get amped to ride when it's cool and breezy.

I usually go buy myself some new equipment to get my motivation level back up this time of year. Always does the trick
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Uh, what's wrong with a little cloud cover?

A chance to leave the bimini wrapped up and out of the way. Wear a rash guard shirt if you tend to get a little cold. Wear a shorty wet suit if you are a real sissy! :-)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Don't get me started!!!

For the record, 72 degree water and 65 degree air = prime riding weather!

Upload

You disgrace the Seattle area riders with such nonsense.
Old     (bdaddy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-24-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Tubers hate cloudy whether so I love cloudy whether. I guess I love glassy water more than I dislike cloudy conditions.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
I like riding under cloudy conditions. It keeps the idiots off the lake, and for the most part around here, the wind doesn't kick up when it is overcast so the nicest water is when its cloudy. Really, I don't care how cold or clody it is, as long as there is butter to be ridden . Put some whitecaps on the lake on a sunny 85 degree day and thats a pisser...
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Clouds.....no tubers, no pontoon, no police, ICE COLD BEER ALL DAY!!!! Woo hoo!