Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-31-2015, 6:08 PM Reply   
We are considering one of the two and wanted to ask a few questions to those of you with experience with them, primarily concerning engine size. I am an expert/open level rider and run about 4-5 in my xstar at 72.5 ft at about 23.5 mph. Have ridden these (A22-24, past '14 so same hull) and really liked the wake, but didn't know the weight configuration as it was at comp.

1. In the a22 what kind of weight are we talking to get a beefy wake? I know with the 24 it will require a lot more weight because of displacement, but would appreciate a ball park number for either the 22 or 24.

2. What engine size would be optimal? We live at 200 ft above sea level so no elevation issues. I would prefer not to have spend 10,000 plus on an engine upgrade if you know what I mean lol.

3. Any flaws or kinks you all had to work out with them (the boats in general).

4. What ride speed and length are you all riding at?

Thanks so much guys, this is all fairly preliminary, looking to purchase in July, just wanted to do some solid research first. I also am well aware that a lot of this is based in preference and we will be demoing both, but just wanted some ideas to be pondering😝 Thanks again for your input!