Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Ronix1andahalf)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-14-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
So I'm really considering throwing systems on my next board. I already have a board for boat and need a cable board, but I decided to go with a board that's a bit of a hybrid because I tend to like the way boards made for riding behind a boat feel better than a cable specific board. Regardless, the systems seem like a really cool binding to have and I would love to have my own set, but I hear a lot of people say that even though they're great on the water there are some defects. The AJ seems to be the most ideal boot for me, and I've talked to a couple of people I've seen using them at the cables. One thing they all told me was that sand always gets in through the bottom of the boot when swimming to the shore after a fall. I also had someone else tell me that his AJ's are basically just coming apart, and said not to get them, but those were the 2012's. Anyone know if there's a difference in durability between the 2012's and 2013's? As far as the sand goes, would wearing socks get rid of that issue? I'm just looking for general thoughts & experiences with the systems really, no one has really given me a yes or no answer to whether or not the pros outweigh the cons. thanks, josh
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-15-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
I had last years aj's and rode them at wakenation cinci for 2 days and had no sand issue. Slight blister from 2 days walking in them, but they werent broke in and 1/2 size too big. Loved them at the cable, strap in and go.
Old     (MattClendenin)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-15-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have been on the systems for 2 years. Wouldn't trade them for anything. I love them riding boat and at the cable park. I do get some sand in through the bottom but the pros definitely out weigh the cons. I can wear my boots for 6 hours straight and my feet never hurt. I had the AJs last year and this year. I think this years boot is more durable and way more comfortable
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-15-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
Never rode cable but been on systems since they came out, version one and now version two. Love love love them behind the boat. I've got the 2012 blue AJs and they are holding up well so far. They do run a little big though.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-15-2013, 11:40 PM Reply   
All the sizes this year are a more true fit to normal shoe sizes. Before they were all a little tight in the arch area
Old     (Lennokz)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-18-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
Guys do you know if the 2013 system is compatible with 2012 boots?? want to get a pair of 12' AJ's on a 13' system..
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-18-2013, 9:05 PM Reply   
Yes they will fit, they havent really changed the binding through the years. The major changes are were the 2011 toe strap, and the 2013 pro binding is just different material (foam) on the straps.
i have the 2011 webb boots with the 2012 binding.
Old     (Lennokz)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-19-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks! there isnīt any 12īblack system in closeout... just white, and I don't like the match up with the black boots..