Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-04-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
I really hope this is more wide spread than in the Midwest, but I hate "PonTubers." For like the last three nights of riding there have been several idiots pulling tubes with their pontoons, destroying the water. WHO are they trying to kid, tubing is only really fun for the driver anyway, but pulling on behind a pontoon, come on. Pontoons are great for drinking, using as home base for waken, most them only have like 25hp!

-Sorry just needed to vent.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-04-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I pull my kids on the tube behind our Wakesetter and they enjoy it.

I guess you should be thankful that they are pulling them with pontoons, which put out a relatively small wake as opposed to a wakeboard boat. I wonder if they get as angry about you crowding "their" water. I'm thinking not.
Old    jolly_roger_wake            08-04-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/353040.html?1154745442
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-05-2006, 1:09 AM Reply   
It's great... no one here in the northwest is dumb enough to buy pontoon boats, so we don't have the pontuber/ponboarder/ponanything problem. Although, we do have the problem of $50,000+ wake machines that never even see a wakeboarder... About 75% of the wakeboard-speicific boats on my lake are:

1. used only once each summer
a. for a quick slalom set
b. a mid-day wakeboard run (during breaking chop)
2. used solely for tubing... and not even good tubing at that. We're talking 2-3 person sit-down tubes, straight driving, low speeds.
3. Dedicated cruising boats.
. Abused. I don't know about you, but I take care of my investments... people bang 'em around like they're 16 years old and driving a Toyota Tercel.

People can do whatever they want with their money, but that's the problem we have here in the Northwest!!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2006, 1:28 AM Reply   
maybe its just me, but i thought this was WAKEworld...not complain about tuberworld. there have been a ton of threads lately about tubers and how dumb they are. And trust me, i dont like them any more than anyone else around here, but it just seems like the hot discussion has been tubing...lets just put them all into one forum.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-05-2006, 5:33 AM Reply   
I reaaly hate them. There's absolutely no need for them, just a total waste of space and most annoying to everyone else out looking for a good time. They always seem to be doing the same sort of thing everytime you see them, no variety at all.

Yes, I really do despise tubing threads on WAKEworld.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Andy, Its all over the midwest. I usually ride on the St. Croix river or Big Carnelian Lake and there are so many people pontubing! I HATE IT!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
Got egocentrism?
Old    swass            08-05-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
I have come to the conclusion that wakeboarders are the most egotistical, intolerant people on the lake.

Andy: Who are you to say who tubing is fun for? Who appointed you the fun police? Is that an elected position? If so, I'd like to organize a petition to remove you from office.

Anodyne: How people choose to use their $50K wakeboard boat is nobody's "problem" but their own. It's certainly not your problem, so don't make it your problem.

Peter: I have a need for them because my kids enjoy riding in them. They like it, and I'm going to continue to "waste space." If that annoys you - too $*#)@ bad. Have you considered that your idea of a good time is not everyones' idea of a good time?

Here's a newsflash: Wakeboarding does not afford you some sort of entitlement. The water is there for everyone to enjoy as they see fit.
Old    K.B.C.            08-05-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
tubeworld.com is another site, you should check it out
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-05-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Up next on Fox News Saturday- A report from swass about his love for tubes!!!
Old    swass            08-05-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Wow, that's some really intelligent, thought-provoking commentary. I'm surprised you didn't go with "my dad can beat up your dad."

It may shock you to learn that I'm not a fan of tubes either. The difference is, I recognize that everyone has a right to use the water as they see fit, as long as they do so safely.

I apologize for my rhetoric. It was intentionally inflammatory; I could have made my point without resorting to name-calling. It's fun for Holly and I to watch our kids having fun. If their idea of fun is riding in the tube, then that's what we're going to do. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.

(Message edited by swass on August 05, 2006)
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
well now that you mentioned it, my dad can beat up your dad.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-05-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Swass, I was just trying to alleviate Andy's rage by method of diversion... not tryin' to flare anyone up!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-05-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Everyone is so worked up. Just drop it. This post will just fade away if we let it.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-05-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
This is a funny thread...

Swass makes a very good point tho "The water is there for everyone to enjoy as they see fit"
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-05-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Peter: I have a need for them because my kids enjoy riding in them. They like it, and I'm going to continue to "waste space." If that annoys you - too $*#)@ bad. Have you considered that your idea of a good time is not everyones' idea of a good time?

Swass, I was actually talking about tubing threads, not tubing. I was kinda hoping the last line gave that away. It was in response to the seemingly endless anti-tubing threads on wakeworld.
Old    swass            08-05-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
My bad, Peter. I apologize.
Old    norman_rider67            08-05-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
tubers are annoying for all, but a lake is public recreation.. and like everyone else has said.. this is WAKEworld.
Old    K.B.C.            08-06-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
Jim T, that may be the best post I've ever read. LMFAO!
Old    cwbabsolute1080            08-06-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
anyone who posted in this thread trying to be a big man and put Andy in his place...... cough.swass.cough..... get a life... hes venting..... you dont have to put on ur big boy pants and yell at him for it...
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-06-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Chris you are right on. As stated prior this is a place for wake riders to talk. This is the place to vent about tubing or any other related wakeboarding things, but we are all entitled to our opinions and they have been stateed from both sides of this discussion.
Old     (kempogoju_ross)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
I think what this topic points out is that there should be some basic rules of the lake or other water ways.

I primarily wakeboard although I'm far from good at it.

However I do still show respect for the skiers but staying away from them, or doing what makes a very little wake.

Tu8bers on the other hand seems to want rough water and to make it bumpy.......which is fine, but they don't seem to have much respect or understanding you can tube in any conditions so don't ruin it for the skiers/wakeboarders/kneeboarders....etc.

It tkaes alot out of a person doing these sports......
Old     (kempogoju_ross)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
My experience is most, I'm sure not all but I'll go with 95% of tubers are idiots and have no clue or respect for anyone else on the water.

Mind you I do have kids and I will take em tubing......I do it away from other people!!!!!! I don't go into a bay that has wakeboarders or skiers there and drive around and ruin it for them......GEEEEEZ
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-07-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
To be clear...it's not the tubers fault...he just goes where the boat pulls him. I agree, they have there place and responsible boat "piloting" should always be the norm no matter what or who you are towing. Personally we just bought a molecule and love it. Towable and portable sunpad!

Eric