Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-06-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   

quote:

Just got off the phone with Joe at Canon Factory Service.

I told him my camera body was in need of repair. He gave me the standard we can't tell you over the phone line and that the techs need to see the camera.

I told him I fell with the camera. He proudly said there wasn't a camera that they couldn't fix and to send it in.

I asked if he had web access and gave him my SS page URL. He typed it in.

Next thing I heard was a long drawn out "Wooow" heavily laced with disbelief in what he was seeing on his monitor. I would have liked to have seen his face... LOL.

"Now you see why I wanted to call first," I said.

Joe then said, "Let me show one of my senior technical advisers," and put me on hold for about 15 seconds.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I think its not going to be repairable. What happen?"

I explained and we shared some laughs about it. I'm sure as I'm typing this update, everyone in his phone center is staring with wide-eye disbelief as well.

Since the repair estimate is free, I'm going to send it in. It is worth $12 bucks to find out, right?

http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=296
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-06-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
hahahaha nice
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-06-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
He's a little hard on his equipment.

I slipped jumping from one dock to another a week ago and my 20D actually bounced twice off the dock. I caught it after the second bounce as it was heading for the lake. It seems to be working fine so far.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2007, 7:22 AM Reply   
Those 20D's are tough!