Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
I was wondering what are the benefits of having a 17" handle verses a 15" handle or vise versa. I am looking into getting a new handle but do not know which width to get.
Thanks,
Charlie
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-19-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
wider handles make for easier handle passes, thats about the only thing i can think of. 15" handles are obviously going to be lighter but its not going to be enough to really matter, if you do alot of fast spins go for the 17"
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-20-2006, 12:22 AM Reply   
Go wide. narrow handles make passes really hard, at least from my perspective. Sometimes when I get sloppy, that extra 2 inches can make a huge difference - somtimes I land with a pinky or index finger!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-20-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
I used to think handle width made a difference with passes, but I don't think it helps much. If you're doing a handle pass incorrectly, an extra 2" of handle isn't going to help in my opinion. Missing the handle usualy means you didn't keep it close enough to your waist.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-20-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Know spinning fools who prefer the 15 over the 17, they say sometimes they catch the end of the bigger handle on the hips when moving it to the small of the back...
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
The first time I used a 17" handle I felt like Dallas Friday. My hands where so far apart the extra 2" really felt different. Not a big advantage though.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-20-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
I've never needed more.....

than 15".
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
I think its a good way to start spinning. Sometimes you do get a little sloppy with the handle pass and the extra inches help. At least you land the trick more often when you are learning and the passes start getting cleaner the more you stick the trick.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-21-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
my chick likes the bigger one
ive never tried it
The 17 incher, that is.....